• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 pill gator

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's a gator?

Post some pics of the inside please.

How 'bout that! I figure that's about like going from Dallas to Fort Worth, via South Dakota...
- 'Doc

Any radio that keys less than 2 watts and a maximum pep of 32 watts.

I don't know... that's a lot of swing. That has got to sound pretty rough. It would splatter like a bucket of pudding thrown into a fan...

With a two pill driver you should be able to run 3 a watt DK into it, maybe just a smidge more (3.5). A swing to 15 watts would keep the signal pretty clean. You won't win a competition doing that, but you will sound much better on the band, have a lot less audio distortion and a LOT less harmonics.

A 2x8 is a fun box... enjoy it.

oh and for the record... in my limited opinion and knowledge. A Cobra or Uniden is going to be the BEST radio to run your box with. They have filtering that most exports do not and will produce very clean audio that is actually on frequency. You don't need the radio to swing to garbage ghoast gazoooooo watts to drive the box, that's what the two pill driver stage in your 2x8 is for.

So go get yourself a Uniden 68, have it done up with variable power so you can set your dead key and be done with it... You'll save yourself a lot of money that way (do it right the first time).

I DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS ANSWERING HIS QUESTION HERE,IVE JUST GOT ON HERE,ALL YOU NEED IS A GOOD COBRA OR UNIDEN RADIO WITH VARIABLE POWER LIKE SAID AND TUNED,1 OUGHT WIRE RUN TO THE BATTERY,HOT AND GROUND SIDE,PLUS RUN A GROUNDSTRAP FROM YOUR FRAME TO YOUR BATTERY NEG.AND A GOOD ANTENNA AND COAX LIKE 213 BELDEN AND SWR BELOW 1.5,EXTRA BATTS IF NEEDED,MAYBE I ANSWERD HIS QUESTION.THNKS ZMAN

I DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS ANSWERING HIS QUESTION HERE,IVE JUST GOT ON HERE,ALL YOU NEED IS A GOOD COBRA OR UNIDEN RADIO WITH VARIABLE POWER LIKE SAID AND TUNED,1 OUGHT WIRE RUN TO THE BATTERY,HOT AND GROUND SIDE,PLUS RUN A GROUNDSTRAP FROM YOUR FRAME TO YOUR BATTERY NEG.AND A GOOD ANTENNA AND COAX LIKE 213 BELDEN AND SWR BELOW 1.5,EXTRA BATTS IF NEEDED,MAYBE I ANSWERD HIS QUESTION.THNKS ZMAN
your caps are locked.

Is there any benefit to not winding rf power chokes on the B+ on your amps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated