• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148 GLT LSB quit working

Jan 6, 2017
1994 Malaysia made 148 GLT was working fine, but switched from AM to LSB, and the channel light dimmed, then completely went out over about 4 seconds. Now no sound or channel light on LSB, no tx on my meter, the meter is still lit however. AM and USB work fine, good sound, good tx, channel light is lit. Could someone give me a general area on the circuit board where to start? I'm not sure if it is a diode, cap, etc. It's only affecting the LSB. Thanks to you all.

if the diodes are good that Robb told you about. look at the schematic and look for the mode switch and trace the drawing to each part leaving the mode switch and check each one. there is a lot of parts that could be bad causing this. all you have to do is check the trace leaving the switch for LSB. Robb gave you the 1st ones to look at that normally cause this. if one is shorted you may not have 8 volts at the switch depending on what went bad. I had a pc122 a cap shorted out in the USB mode and just had to trace it by looking at the parts and lift one leg to get the voltage to show up.

I will get the schematic and do as you suggest and will also look at Robb's suggestions and see what I come up with. Thanks, this forum really helps a person, especially a guy like me, who really doesn't dabble in electronics too much.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.