• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148 gtl made in china

I have an issue with this radio,the final fried i replaced it also after that no am power or modulation but i do get modulation on usb and lsb, seems could be the audio amp ?

I am thinking like leapfrog is as to the AM reg may be out. it is a 3 legged trans and should be mounted in the back of the radio. it is the same size as the final. I think it is mounted on the back side, could be wrong on this radio but take a look to see if you can find it. if SSB is working good as you stated I would be checking the reg. a tip42 will work in this spot for a replacement.

Intresting find i believe smd resistor has gone bad but there is no info on the schematic what value it is i also tested it has zero info on it.below is a picture where it is located crosses td2003 pins.

Attachments

• 20170305_120507.jpg
    20170305_120507.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.