• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148 gtl made in china

the part you changed for the am regulator the part number is not tr37 or tr41. per the schematic for that radio. not sure what you have changed so far. the am reg is normally mounted on the back of the case and it is a 1409 from what I remember. a tip42 will work in place of it. since you do not have a carrier that is the part I would be trying to find.you will have two parts like this on some 148 radios. one is a 8 volt reg and the other is a am regulator.

Put the rig in AM mode. keyup and measure the voltage at the collector of TR41. Should be around 7-8 vdc. No voltage = bad regulator. If reg output is ok, then check the collectors of the driver TR38 and the final TR36 for the same voltage when keyed up in AM. If the voltage is ok at the regulator but not at the driver/final, then the mode switch is open in the AM position. If the voltage is present at all three transistors, then the AM regulator is ok and maybe the unit is going out of lock. Look at the output of the tx mixer IC5 in all modes with a counter.

Reactions: LeapFrog
I just reread your postings and you said you checked all the caps. what did you do to check all of them? also check the voltages at ic4 a 3 legged trans. and see what voltages you have from the mode switch as 399 mentioned.

what I should have asked was how did you test them and what did you use to verify they are good. what was the esr range om them . some people just try to use a ohm meter on them to test. did you you use a proper cap tester.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.