• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 Meter Wide Area Repeaters-CA Coastline?

Milanodan

May 18, 2013
West of Phoenix, AZ
Gonna be driving from LA to SF next week (vacation for wife, otherwise I don't go to Kalif.)

Anyone have tips on what repeaters I should set in my Yaesu FT11R, in case of emergency and if the cell phone craps out? Thanks.

When you're in LA, jump on the Scrap Radio Repeater and say hi... 449.500 (444.500tx PL 100)

Check the WIN System's page for frequencies (WIN System repeater list). This is a linked system that will have coverage for a good amount of your trip.

BTW - is the SCRAP repeater on EchoLink too?
Listed as 'Scrap' - or . . . . ?

No EchoLink... We've got a couple of users that have tried it through their remotes and have had a tough time because the machine is so busy. It can be 20-30 minutes before it "drops" for them to get in.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated