• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

27.735 center freq. to get 10 & 11m??

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
Getting a dipole setup for 11m (CB) and want to reach as far as I can flatly into 10m realm... I read 27.735 was a good center frequency.. Anyone done one up to do this?? How flat can I expect and to what frequencies to keep below say 1.7 SWR or lower.

Ideas??

The best thing to do is try it and see what happens. It may be usable on both bands. If doesn't work out and your ground radial is in reach tune the thing to 10m and use a couple of spade connectors to add a little length for 11 meter use. I don't see any reason to cut the whip as you should be able to get it dialed in by adjusting the radial length.

Home made or purchased? Fatter the radiator the wider the bandwidth. I.E 1 inch tube instead of wire should do the trick.
Or second suggestion, if you have to use wire ,is to extend the radiator to a 5/8 center fed and feed with a stub (gainmaster style) You can get the swr Down to under 1.2 to 1 across both bands.

Reactions: camaro1
The best thing to do is try it and see what happens. It may be usable on both bands. If doesn't work out and your ground radial is in reach tune the thing to 10m and use a couple of spade connectors to add a little length for 11 meter use. I don't see any reason to cut the whip as you should be able to get it dialed in by adjusting the radial length.

That does not work very well. A dipole is a balanced antenna and simply trimming one side only upsets that balance which can lead to CMC currents on the feedline and result in RFI. It is much better to trim both sides of the antenna. Not saying you cannot get the SWR down by doing that but you will never achieve a perfect SWR at center with such an unbalanced antenna and the efficiency will not be as good either.

Reactions: sp5it and unit_399

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated