• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2970N2 Strange Problem

I haven't even looked yet. I'm still waiting on him to send me an invoice. I've asked twice. All I have is my PayPal receipt. It doesn't show what I purchased, just that I sent him X amount of dollars.

Didn't have an invoice or packing receipt when it came.

DTB Radio. Standard tune. I requested nothing other than factory specs.

He said he saw nothing wrong on the scope. When I throw a DK, my shack goes nuts. My LDG auto tuner cycles, TV goes haywire and my stereo bleeds. Nothing else in the shack causes problems. It peaks when you adjust power up and down within 20-30 watts it really goes nuts and squeals.

I took it out of the box, sat it on the desk, crimped some ring terminals on, flipped the power supply on and keyed it up and immediately noticed the RF issues.

Told me to contact Ranger.

:banghead:

Wow, ok. Yea DTB does good work for sure. That's an odd problem.

I had a N2 that I bought from Copper. I had them do the expand align and tune on it. When I was first trying it out I noticed the roger beep function wasn't working? I called Copper and talked to there tech.....He said it would have to be sent to Ranger.
Ranger was very quick with the repair and I noticed the rig worked way better than when I got it from Copper. Ranger also left the rig converted for CB which I found to be a surprise.
I hope they can make yours right.

When I try to run my n2 with a handheld m6b mic I get a squeal. Tried another mic same exact model and it does same thing? They only way both mics won't squeal is if i have mic turned almost off. Then modulation is really low. Swapped batteries, checked wiring. Still Same problem. Only thing done to radio is conversion and alignment. When I hook a d104 night eagle base mic up it sounds great. Can't figure out why it doesn't like the hand held d104s? Any suggestions? I posted a thread about this, but figured I'd post here too.

I had a N2 that I bought from Copper. I had them do the expand align and tune on it. When I was first trying it out I noticed the roger beep function wasn't working? I called Copper and talked to there tech.....He said it would have to be sent to Ranger.
Ranger was very quick with the repair and I noticed the rig worked way better than when I got it from Copper. Ranger also left the rig converted for CB which I found to be a surprise.
I hope they can make yours right.

You would be better off letting a 3rd grader touch your radio then Copper's. LOL I would not let them touch my toaster much less a radio.

You would be better off letting a 3rd grader touch your radio then Copper's. LOL I would not let them touch my toaster much less a radio.

I have not used Copper since. Nor do I plan on if I ever buy a radio new again.
I was just telling my experience with the Ranger warranty repair center in California.

When I try to run my n2 with a handheld m6b mic I get a squeal. Tried another mic same exact model and it does same thing? They only way both mics won't squeal is if i have mic turned almost off. Then modulation is really low. Swapped batteries, checked wiring. Still Same problem. Only thing done to radio is conversion and alignment. When I hook a d104 night eagle base mic up it sounds great. Can't figure out why it doesn't like the hand held d104s? Any suggestions? I posted a thread about this, but figured I'd post here too.

Just place a ferrite bead on the mic cord right at the connector on the radio and there is a 90% chance the feedback will go away.

Reactions: 1 person

When I was 15 I purchased a new Cobra 142GTL from Copper. Right out of the box it wouldn't transmit on AM unless you keyed the mic on SSB and moved the switch to AM. I sent it back to them 3 times. Each time they put a new mode switch in that did nothing to fix the problem. If the first switch didn't fix the problem I can't imagine why their tech would think 2 more should do it.

After getting tired of the run around I ordered the Sams Photofact service manual for the rig, took it into my high school electronics class and traced the problem down to an intermittent MB-3756 voltage regulator. I can't say for sure if a 3rd grader is better than Coppers Techs but a 9th grader was.

Reactions: 2 people
Getting ready to ship this thing out for service.

Other thing I've noticed is that you cannot have a smartphone with 2 feet. It just buzzes and howls.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated