• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2995-DX power supply conversion

If you put it some place else you can keep it cooler and put the fan noise away from the radio unless you just have to have it in the box. Same thing applies to table top tube amps putting the power supply in the box is stupid from an engineering stand point but people that do not understand best practices likes to have everything in the same box. The less heat rfi/rmi you expose the radio and amp section too directly the better. Easier to cool as well.

Reactions: Tokin
Don't know if it's larger than the '360 Watt' stock size. Doesn't show any dimensions on the sale page.

Had one customer bring us a 500-Watt switchmode "brick" that would not fit in his 2995. Just too long.

Looks like a firm maybe.

My 2995dx is a 2003 model with the original supply. Ill leave it till it quits. If it aint broke...
Same goes here for my 2990DX still running the stock unit...I thought it was just the old 2990's that had this problem.

Same goes here for my 2990DX still running the stock unit...I thought it was just the old 2990's that had this problem.
I recently installed a fuse on the positive lead from the stock supply to the board. Thank you for the tip Nomadradio! When the stock supply fails without that fuse it takes alot of parts with it. The fuse cuts down on the damage. The way I understand it its not if but when the supply fails. Nomadradio says a 5 amp fuse is acceptable and if you're feeling a little more cautious you can use a 4 amp.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.