• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

3Y0Z / BOUVET Island Dxpedition

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
http://www.bouvetdx.org/news-and-updates/

http://www.bouvetdx.org/

This will be the most costly and difficult Dxpeditions ever planed and executed.
I wish them well and Hope All remain Safe and WARM.
This is listed as the MOST Remote Island in the world. This trip has been in the planing stages since 2007.
I had the privilege of working the 3Y0X to Peter Island as well as meet some of the Team after their return.
This will be even greater challenge as All equipment and supplies must fly-in via Helicopter.
Godspeed the team and hope all goes well. I look forward to working them.
They are trying to secure additional flight time for the Helicopter's.
This will land equipment and supplies on the Island.
Donations for fuel/flight time are in the critical stage now.
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

I was looking thru their site...Very Nice!...
They even offer propagation prediction based on your grid square and callsign...if predictions are anywhere close, it gives you the opportunity to see when it may be best to "land" them in the log.
They are really going all out on 40/80/160m bands...the antennas are outstanding if plans unfold correctly.(y)
They are now down to just a few weeks before they embark on this incredible $600,000.00+USD DXpedition.:eek:
Good Luck Team
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

As of 2-1-18 1300 utc they are anchored 1/2 mile off the east coast of Bouvet. Just waiting on a break in the weather so they can fly the chopper in and get set up.. winds 35- 40 knots. Hope you're all ready for the pile up.

Reactions: fourstringburn
As of 2-1-18 1300 utc they are anchored 1/2 mile off the east coast of Bouvet. Just waiting on a break in the weather so they can fly the chopper in and get set up.. winds 35- 40 knots. Hope you're all ready for the pile up.
Thanks for the update!

I'm hoping to be able to break thru and get this one in the log. This is supposed to number 2 or 3 of the most wanted DXCC depending on what source you read.

Good luck to all and let us know if any of you get it!

Reactions: Blackcat630
February 1, 2018, 1300 UTC: Our ship is still at anchor off the east side of Bouvet. Winds are 35 to 40 knots, and the ship is pitching and rolling up to 30 degrees. This makes flying and a landing attempt impossible today. The temperature is hovering at around 0 degrees C...(that's 32 deg F). Visibility has improved.

We are poised and ready when a weather window opens. We had our maritime mobile station up for a few hours, but had to take it down again to avoid damage caused by the extreme motion of the ship.

1445 UTC: Winds have increased to 45 knots. Unsecured items are again sliding across floors and tables. Some team members are again feeling seasick.

The barometer has risen, slightly. We are anxiously awaiting calmer conditions.

Hang in there with us!

Ralph, KØIR/Team 3Y0Z

January 31, 2018, 0830 UTC: Bouvet Island came into view at about 0600 UTC today. We dropped anchor at 0810 UTC in approximately 25 meters of water off the east side of the island between Kapp Meteor and Swarthamaren.

The temperature is 2 degrees Centigrade. Thirty five knot winds are blowing out of the northeast with a driving rain. Visibility and ceiling are estimated at 1 mile and 500 feet, respectively.

We are poised and ready when our weather window arrives. Our first strike team, selecting and securing a site, will be EY8MM, KØIR and Alejo Contreras (Chilean Antarctic explorer, guide and mountaineer).

Ralph, KØIR

As Posted on https://www.bouvetdx.org/news-and-updates/

http://www.bouvetdx.org/band-plan-frequencies/

I'm just hoping to get lucky like I did last weekend. I was trying to work Mozambique for about 45 min. He was obviously working split and was 5-10 up. He kept changing the split. Started at 10 went to 5 then 7 back to 5.. I was about to give up when I heard him say 5 to 10 up...and pause. I figured what the hell he hasn't been up 10 in a while. Went up ten...all quiet..I called..he got me first try. I just got lucky...will this work for Bouvet...probably not but you never know..

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated