• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

40/20/10 Meter Fan Dipole Attic Antenna

well this idiot is going to take his antenna down.
i don't think this is right hobby for me any way. out of the hand full of people i even talk to its just a contest or there just jackass... only 2 guys ever had the time to carey on a polite conversation...
i don't mind criticism but it seems a lot of it is all under assumption that i am banging out a ton of power and i am going to kill or hurt every one around my home. i fully understand the impact of RF exposure and even had to talk my friend out of running a 600w amp with his 40 meter dipole over his head.... i don't have time to go back and forth with you...
if you want to do a full right up and post your feelings on antennas and their proximity.. do it in a different thread. because right now all your doing is just relishing every thing i have read and prepared for when i took the test..

I'm not into the contests either, (or the jackasses), but there are plenty of people that like to have good conversations or make contacts. Stick with it and you'll find a crowd that suits you. Just get on the air with whatever you can run for a rig and antenna and have fun. It doesn't sound to me like you're doing anything dangerous with power levels...or anything else for that matter.

I concur with Mole,

Having spent a couple decades on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier with thousands of watts of RF being transmitted from the various avionics , navigation, and communications systems on the jets, not to mention the ship board systems, your 100 watts is no harm to anyone

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated