• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base 40 foot push up pole

undertaker

Undertaker
Apr 5, 2006
Texas
Well here in San Angelo we had 85 mph winds Friday night. Bent my mast pole so I am going to get a new one. My question is what is the best rope to guy it with ? Antenna survived the winds...

Thanks
Bobby

4-5 mm steel guyed on 2 levels.
Mike
I used stainless steel but took it down due to RFI. Since then I had no more TVI issues with neighbors TV sets .

Best bet is Dacron rope. It's strong and non conductive and UV resistant for at least 5 years before I would replace it just to be safe.

Dacron rope comes in all different diameters for just about any application.

Reactions: 543_Dallas
I used 3/16 dacron when I had my push up pole up. I guyed every section at 3 points. The Phillystran is really good stuff. I would use something non conductive, especially if you have neighbors.

Dacron rope works well for guy rope, strong stuff...
Or build u a home brew hinge plate, for your mast pipe to set in, thats what I did here, been up 2 years now..

I'm a cheapskate.
Push up pole made of electrical metallic tubing, ie. conduit. I guy with nylon/polyester blend rope at 20' and under the feedpoint for freestanding mast.
Lasts about 2 - 3 years. Pole is light and easy to scope in and out. Easy to change out. After all, none of my antennas stay up so long that I am not bringing the mast down frequently.
Same antenna up 5 years..? Boring. ;)

Reactions: Needle Bender

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated