• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

40m dipole w/low center feed point

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
Was going to put up a resonate 40m dipole with 1:1 balun as second coax line from new rig. First antenna with tuner is 38' end fed with 9:1 unun.. I want to make sure I get 40m, hence this idea..

My issue is one end would be at 26' (in tree) center at about 9' on wood post on deck area, and other end at 14' (insulated off gutter on mobile home)..

There is a distance from mobile home of angle from about 10' tree area to middle point of like 7' and then gutter on far end..

HOA.. So I'm limited on what can be hidden.

Try it.. see how it works,,HOA restrictions do make for novel ideas of hiding antennas.

Try it make some contacts and see how it works for ya

Reactions: binrat
I have a 40m dipole that is only about 20' off the ground fed with 300ohm twin lead to a Johnson matchbox and it works fine 40m-10m, I have no problems making contacts, even QRP when I hook up the BITX40(QRP 5watts)

try it and see what happens

Reactions: wavrider
If you need something hidden you can use magnet wire. My first HF antenna was made from 24awg magnet wire and some spare coax. It was almost invisible and worked fine with a 100 watt ssb rig. The hardest part is getting it up without putting a kink in the wire.

Low dipoles have nice big lobs that come off them. That makes them really usable under almost all conditions (minus super long dx) End fed antennas can be tricky. I would use a combination of ideas from above. (not following what your trying to do) I would run a dipole with as much wire as you can (zig zagging ect) the ends can be low (mine are at 6 feet) Use 543's magnet wire and camero's 300 ohm ladder line. Use a tuner and be done (no anti HOA baluns needed)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.