• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

5 element yagi horz. and a omni on top?

Benny56

Jun 5, 2017
Hi all I am installing a yagi and Omni on the same mast on a 60ft tower cb ssb use.
How high above the tower should I mount the yegi and how high above the yagi should I mount the 1/4 wave Omni?
Any other input would be appreciated.
Thanks Benny

I usually mount just under the vertical. Are we talking about an 11 meter omni? if so, be berries replacing it with something higher in gain.

Hi Mudfoot and thanks for the input and yes that was my plan, but some on is teling me 12 ft I think he is thinking of stacking to of the same.
one? be berries/ I don't get it
Thanks Benny

Don't laugh Tram 1499 POS I know.
My concern is height above the tower.
Open to your thoughts. Thanks Benny

At a minimum, I'd install an Antron 99, IMAX 2000 above the Yagi. That's hard work properly installing a yagi on a 60' tower. That Tram vertical would be a turd.

Reactions: BOOTY2
Lets look at this, POS I know. I am pushing the height of my yagi it will be tree top level.
1- I don't want something BIG above it flopping in the wind saying hay look at me.
2- I don't want to drop the tower when big wind hits and brakes my Omni.
Any suggestions on a good stout Omni 1/2 wave?
I know the hxxx with the neighbors and go for it.
AND
Thanks for taking the time!
Benny

i just googled the tram and i have had dealings with a very similar antenni in someone's loft and it was pants... it was swapped for a DV27 on a dustbin lid for much better results..the A99 or President Himalaya WB for 1/2 wave but a gain master or a I max don't look a lot more obvious ...if you have to go stealth a mobile 1/4 wave tank whip will work much better than the tram

Reactions: Benny56
Thanks to all.
davev8 I think your wright about the trunk mount had thoughts along those lines.
But going in a different direction 5/8 on roof top.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.