• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

600w 2 pill...amazing!

There's a lot of cb stuff in the qrz profiles. One guy actually has some key down trophies in the shack but the guys that would get bent out of shape don't even notice them. What's funny is when someone tries to sell or asks about a cb amp on the qrz forum. At one time you could register there without a call. I'm not sure if you still can.
Yes, it would be kind of neat in my mind, having a few "illicit style" amplifiers on a qrz profile page, after all it is "our" responsibility to ensure a clean operating station.
I think the knee-jerk reactions would be worth it alone!! :sneaky:

Something about knowing how to build and run a station (cleanly) that is not ready-to-go and easily purchased. The appliance operators certainly would have some opinions!
"Oh that's a CB amp" boohoo lol, anyway it's all good hammy ham or not; it is still radio.

This video is funny, and I don't know why. I guess I should grow up and take the test, couldn't hurt.
I wouldn't buy into the CB vs. Ham fighting though if I passed, it's like the Left vs. Right, going in circles!

Last edited:
Reactions: kopcicle and BBB
Yes, it would be kind of neat in my mind, having a few "illicit style" amplifiers on a qrz profile page, after all it is "our" responsibility to ensure a clean operating station.
I think the knee-jerk reactions would be worth it alone!! :sneaky:

Something about knowing how to build and run a station (cleanly) that is not ready-to-go and easily purchased. The appliance operators certainly would have some opinions!
"Oh that's a CB amp" boohoo lol, anyway it's all good hammy ham or not; it's still radio.

This video is funny, and I don't know why. I guess I should grow up and take the test, couldn't hurt.
I wouldn't buy into the CB vs. Ham fighting though if I passed, it's like the Left vs. Right, going in circles!

There's not a lot of difference between ameatur radio and CB. On the amateur bands there's are bad operators, drunks, snobs, foul language, racism, over driven amplifiers, threats of violence, jamming, people playing sound clips, and people that talk politics and religion just to start a fight. People will always be people. You just have to find the good ones and ignore the rest.

Well I wonder how far this will deteriorate before the inevitable happens. :whistle:

We need to lock more threads if we ever want to keep up with Qrz and cbrt. It's ran it's course, were off topic, this is a waste of bandwidth, the guy that started this thread was trolling, and I may feel offended if this is allowed to continue. It didn't take long for forum activity to pick back up after the last round of locked threads so what's the harm. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
We need to lock more threads if we ever want to keep up with Qrz and cbrt. It's ran it's course, were off topic, this is a waste of bandwidth, the guy that started this thread was trolling, and I may feel offended if this is allowed to continue. It didn't take long for forum activity to pick back up after the last round of locked threads so what's the harm. :ROFLMAO:

was just having a little fun. i am a ham. and i thought it was funny. ill know better next time. i wont have any fun. i guess we are not allowed to have fun. before certain people want to lock the thread

was just having a little fun. i am a ham. and i thought it was funny. ill know better next time. i wont have any fun. i guess we are not allowed to have fun. before certain people want to lock the thread

Not offended at all Jon. I'm just being a smart ass as usual. If the person in charge wants to lock threads they have every right to do so. Eventually all that will be left is his flock of sheep. I've already learned there are certain tech topics that are better avoided. This off topic banter and rabbiporkchop are the only things interesting here.

Not offended at all Jon. I'm just being a smart ass as usual. If the person in charge wants to lock threads they have every right to do so. Eventually all that will be left is his flock of sheep. I've already learned there are certain tech topics that are better avoided. This off topic banter and rabbiporkchop are the only things interesting here.
I never could figure out why CB'ers and Hams reguard each other that way. I was a CB'er in 1968 and became a ham in 2013. Not much changed here except I have a lot more EXPENSIVE radios. I have friends from way back that quit CB because of all of cussing and inappropriate language. Some became Hams.
I have very specific reasons for going ham, Public Service.

Did you know that after Hurricane Katrina first responders were hog tied because of the lack of communication from command central. Local ham operators banded together and put their own equipment up for the public service use. They had repeaters, antennas, and generators doing what the emergency services could not do for themselves.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9228945/n...-operators-rescue-after-katrina/#.WgNGBYhOnIU

Last edited:

Why he put 2290's in I'll never know.
The squealing at the end...ya thats top notch.

I watched right up to the point where he says," I'm going to bypass the FUSE'S TO GET MORE POWER OUT..." I know he said that, I backed the video up several times just to be sure that is what I heard. I think I'm going to load all of my amps and express mail those to him..... Yeah, riigghht!
I just had to go back and turn on the Closed Captioning, That is what he said. I'm going to bypass the fuse's to get more power out. Unbelievable.
Fuse's, We don't need no stinking fuse's. If your car burns to the ground it must be because you had your blinkers on while transmitting!

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Kilowatt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.