• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

756 pro III is 11M gonna cook the lowpass section or is this bs I read?

Walkin' the dog
Sep 12, 2009
Chilliwack, BC
www.youtube.com
I picked up the PROIII and was impressed with it's condition. Unfortunately, there was an issue with low output power on 10 and 12m, which was not disclosed before the deal. Examining the filter board revealed the problem. The coils for the 22-30MHz range were completely cooked. One coil in fact was so badly burned, the core was cracked in two places. A previous owner was obviously using the radio on 11m. New parts were received from Icom and installed and radio now works as it should.
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4635?cookietest=1

Last edited:

Plenty of people in my area use or have used all the 756 models & 7600 every day on full power fm without issues.

I never came across any hf set going all the way back to tube pa's that would not work on 11mtrs just the same as 12 or 10mtrs once you get it onto 11mtrs.
May be the odd one i missed over the years

People claim the same nonesense about Hf radios RX bandpass filters not covering 11mtrs.

Actually, if you read the verbage by the VE3 poster, he never says that the damage was caused by operating it on 11 meters.

Many (err, .....cough cough) PRO III's are operated on 11 with no issues.

Reactions: Sonar
Actually, if you read the verbage by the VE3 poster, he never says that the damage was caused by operating it on 11 meters.

Many (err, .....cough cough) PRO III's are operated on 11 with no issues.
I've heard many. And their great sounding transceivers. I'm on 11 meters, because that's the only place I've ever heard them. I also Came Upon an article once. I could be sure if it was the same one as the link but the one I read confused me too I thought that modifying a 756 for 11m will cause issues. 73

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.