• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

75m tonight

we got booted off for the net.........

you were wavering in and out ron

sorry i missed everyone else.......i was on 913 for a bit but then spent some time with the family and just turned it on about 15 minutes or so ago

Had nice signal from joe..GC505 wow 40 plus booming signal.
Thanks 2970, great talking with you and it's good to know my station is putting a good signal into your part of the country.

Got to make contact with GC505 from the forum !:)
Great talking to you Sonwatcher, and all the others I spoke with but haven't matched their callsign with their forum handle...

We certainly need to do it again.

Last edited:
Hey Scott, I'll try to get the wire higher. I have a tower now and I'll see what I can do. It was neat for you me and Joe to run into each other at the testing center. Need to get together again sometime.

My lord was it noisey tonight 8-9 S-units of crap!!! Anyways Ill be out there at 5:00PM Today Tuesday 11/17 when the rest of the 3.913 group starts coming on and Ill try again tonight at 8:00PM Central time again if you all want to try again.

Not sure how it started but defiantly not a name to bring up for a casual ragchew there LOL !

I raised my wire up to the tower. Made a huge improvement. I was talking all this time with the wire about 6 ft off the ground. It's about 20 ft now.

I noticed something after moving my wire to the tower. I tuned up last night and was concerned about the TV cable wire as it is even with the windom about 15 ft apart. I watched my TV as I tuned and it got some interference. It doesn't concern me here but I was wondering if it would cause problems to others around me. The nearest neighbor is about 300-400 ft away. The main TV cable at the road is about 200 ft from me. Where the wire was previously it was about 30 ft south and around 14ft lower and caused NO problems . Do you think it would mostly be limited to interfering with just my TV as it is near where it comes into my home ? I am just using around 100w and as I said where it was before there weren't any problems.

I hope you dont get a problem with houses around you. I can be heard on my neighbors tv only when it is off and they are 100+yds away. 100 watts.

Do you have pics of the wire installed?

AP

No, no pics. I don't hear anything over my TV just gets a little snowy in the picture . I also had my wife listen over the phone as the phone line comes in at the same place but there was no interference over the phone.

I wouldnt worry about it then if you are creceiving minimal snow and the antenna right there the farther away houses should get less if any at all.

Sonwatcher,
It sounds like it's just proximity, which can always cause problems depending on just how 'proximate' two antennas (feed lines, etc.) are. One 'cure' for that is putting the two at right angles to each other. That'd be a trick, wouldn't it ;)? And distance is almost always a sure 'cure'. Nuther good 'trick' sometime?
- 'Doc

Well, I had my wife go to one of the neighbors (her cousin) and had them turn on the TV and watch while I talked and there was no interference at all. That makes me feel more at ease .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated