• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

959 high dead key issue

No i only have the one on the radio. Seems to work properly on ssb. The worst part is thag i have no idea how long its been doing this because i never put the meter on power. I always have the switch on swr or modulation

Because if its an issue id like to solve it. If its normal then great but i didnt think it was. Maybe i have some kinda hotrod radio that instead of 4w is putting out 3 times that lol. That would be cool.

I checked out the schematic and im going to start by checking for 8v where it says it should have 8v and then depending on what i find should i go ahead and do the alignment procedure? Or should i leave it to a shop for that? I do have a multimeter and an o scope
Do not adjust any frequency components unless you have a known, calibrated frequency counter.

from what I am reading you are looking at the meter on the radio to claim it is doing 8 watts on high. that is not the way you want to check for the out put of the radio. you need a good external meter to show you what the radio is putting out. I have not seen very many meters on the radio being true to what the radio is putting out. there is a VR inside the radio to adjust the meter on the radio and it could be off. you could be about to open a can of worms that is not needed. you say you have a freq counter on your scope and Robb asked what scope you have. it may not be the best way to check the freq either.
just my 2 cents worth.

Ittl measure freq. Amplitude. Wave length. Wat ever you want. It ca. Also be used as a multimeter if u want

Frequency displays come in all varieties. Not sure what the upper-frequency limit would be for a 'scope built for automotive work. Last one of those I fixed for a friend had tubes in it, about 35 years ago. A modern-day automotive 'scope is bound to be set up radically different.

Used to have a 'scope with a bonafide counter built into it. Was years ago, can't even remember the name that was on it.

Yes, using the 'scope's screen to measure frequency does not provide the accuracy needed for the radio's internal adjustments. But since I have no idea what his 'scope is like, maybe it has that separate feature? Plenty of Tek 'scopes out there with a DVM in them.

Dunno.

Reactions: Tallman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.