• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A Ham I Am

So sorry to hear about your mom, Brett.
Thanks man. Was just showing some empathy there... didn't mean to put a sad face on the topic. Really glad you are giving it a go again. Like I said, it's a lot of fun, even when the bands aren't cooperating, there is someplace to go and talk.

Brett

Reactions: Riverman
Passed my General today!

I used Dan Romanchik's No-Nonsense Study Guides (available on Amazon) and the flash cards and practice tests at HamStudy.org. That combination worked great for this sixty-five-year-old brain.

Just downloaded his study guide for the Amateur Extra Class. Let the studying begin. Again. :)

Congratulations, good job, and now, while you learn for the Amateur Extra Class, you can start building your radio shack in the backyard and install a high performance antenna system!

Congratulations, good job, and now, while you learn for the Amateur Extra Class, you can start building your radio shack in the backyard and install a high performance antenna system!

Wife and I have been thinking about moving for a while now. Doing so would allow me to do just what you suggested. In the meantime, I have 6 and 10 meter dipoles in the attic, and for the lower frequencies I have a Buddistick for use in the backyard.

Just noticed you are a brand new member. Welcome!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tallman
I have 6 and 10 meter dipoles in the attic, and for the lower frequencies I have a Buddistick for use the backyard.
Just noticed you are a brand new member. Welcome!!!
Thanks Riverman, it's nice to hear that you are quite flexible with your existing antennas.(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.