• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Acuity Brands, Inc

• Thread starter FCC Recent Releases -
  • Start date
F

FCC Recent Releases -

The Enforcement Bureau proposes a penalty of $25,000 against Acuity Brands, Inc. for apparently marketing radio frequency devices that were not labeled in accordance with the Commission's rules

Continue reading...

Okay,
So a FCC logo was not affixed to the ballasts in question. Did the ballasts produce harmful RFI ? What good does a fine do if there is no recall and compensation to the consumer ? These ballasts if they indeed produce harmful RFI are still in use and will be for who knows how long?
And some wonder why I refer to the FCC as the federal clown commission...

Okay,
So a FCC logo was not affixed to the ballasts in question. Did the ballasts produce harmful RFI ? What good does a fine do if there is no recall and compensation to the consumer ? These ballasts if they indeed produce harmful RFI are still in use and will be for who knows how long?
And some wonder why I refer to the FCC as the federal clown commission...

I take it that your question is rhetorical as you are replying to an automated news feed. Also if you read the entire report you would have seen that the devices actually WERE COMPLIANT however the company failed to attach the required label stating that was the case.

The Federal Government can be SO ANAL. Items approved but not labeled, at least they got tested and approved.

Well the attached label indicates the product does in fact meet regulations. Would you buy fall protection gear that could not be confirmed to meet regulations even if you were told it did? I want proof.

I want proof.
Missouri by chance?
It is always your option not to buy something. I just thought the Govt. was being a little too AR. They were approved, it's not like they were marketing an item that had not been approved. I dealt with the FAA and the FCC on a regular basis, but nor once did we ever have a problem with labeling. We had a really good working relationship with both agencies, but that was not always the cases.

Fall protection gear? Never will be needed buy me. I had one close call at 300 ft, never went up on steel structures again.

replying to an automated news feed.

Answers the first question :)

Also if you read the entire report you would have seen that the devices actually WERE COMPLIANT however the company failed to attach the required label stating that was the case.

Was getting late...
I missed that :-( . To modify the point I missed ...
Here we are, watching the FCC bitch slap a manufacturer over compliant equipment that lacks a "sticker" ????

Okay, yeah CK. I want my fall protection to have a compliance tag but then again I buy quality equipment.
Here the difference is my fall protection is a requirement, RFI is an annoyance . I still see it as a clown move by the FCC.

Reactions: Robb
I see the point of the fine but IMHO the amount is a bit excessive for the severity of the crime committed, this is a case where a slap on the wrist really would have been good enough.

Answers the first question :)

Was getting late...
I missed that :-( . To modify the point I missed ...
Here we are, watching the FCC bitch slap a manufacturer over compliant equipment that lacks a "sticker" ????

Okay, yeah CK. I want my fall protection to have a compliance tag but then again I buy quality equipment.
Here the difference is my fall protection is a requirement, RFI is an annoyance . I still see it as a clown move by the FCC.

Introducing a law that all manufacturers that meet compliance must display a label stating so is fine. It means that if the article does NO have that label then it is NOT compliant. Not enforcing that regulation simply because the manufacturer is indeed compliant defeats the certification process in the first place. In this case the company was cheap and lazy not to provide the required labeling. I am sure the fine was not their first notice that they were in the wrong. I used to have t deal with our equivalent of the FCC on a regular basis when I was in broadcasting and we were never fined for any infraction. We were advised to take action in a couple cases and actually WE advised THEM of a temporary operation due to an emergency transmitter operation that we would be non-compliant on our antenna patterns and again no issues. whether or not you agree to the rules you still have to play by them.

Reactions: wavrider
It was obviously cheaper to pay the fine than to add the label. Pretty common business practice to pay a penny to save a dollar.

As far as fall protection, I've never checked a tag. I guess I don't care that a tag says it's safe when my eyes see missing stitches, frayed straps and cracked buckles.

As far as fall protection, I've never checked a tag. I guess I don't care that a tag says it's safe when my eyes see missing stitches, frayed straps and cracked buckles.

Ahhh....but if the product was new and appeared to be so but did not have the label how do you know it was not made from inferior materials and had substandard metal for D-rings and hooks? Fall protection was just a quick example that came to mind but it applies to anything. How about brake parts? I mean for YOUR car not the mother inlaws. :D

At my place of employment where the FCC and the FAA were involved, after I started working there I had to quench the fires that were lit by the former Quality Control engineer. The FAA had levied a fine of $690,000 for a minor infraction. I asked the lead FAA inspector for a private meeting. My boss was a serious antagonist to the FAA, I told him the boss would not be included in future meetings because he was on his way out and I was taking over after his departure.
The Infraction: All of the Velum still had th other company's name on them. They purchased the company lock stock and barrel moved it to another state. They did have approval to manufacture and had received a variance on some of the issues but not all.
I earned a years worth of my salary that one day alone.
The fine they paid: $6,900.00.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated