• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Adjusting echo on the rci 69ffb4

racetra

Jul 7, 2011
I am waiting to get this radio and was wondering how easy it is to adjust the echo from the inside. Is it just a trim pot?

It is my understanding that it comes stock with a bit to much.

Thanks

Probably a stupid question, Just wondering, Has anyone plumbed off the internal controls and put controls on the outside, say on the side of the radio with echo or any other internally adjusted item that wasn't on the front of the radio. Just wondering if anyone has.

Yep. Did that a few weeks ago. Pull the small pots from the board and solder the wires from a dual control (I used a control from a bb2 echo board) to the holes, and find a location you're comfortable with. I also dropped some hot glue on the connections for strain relief. Don't have any pics though. Good luck.

Yep. Did that a few weeks ago. Pull the small pots from the board and solder the wires from a dual control (I used a control from a bb2 echo board) to the holes, and find a location you're comfortable with. I also dropped some hot glue on the connections for strain relief. Don't have any pics though. Good luck.

Very cool. I actually thought about it some more. Maybe fab a trick little plate to attach to the outside that would carry the control. Would love to see a pic if you can get one.

once you find the sound you like i doubt you will ever vary from it .out of all the external control echoes i have had ,once i set them to my liking i rarely ever deviated from that .

Yea, Thats what I was thinking but then my brain takes over and I start thinkin of different ideas. I am comftable with a soldering iron but I think I will leave the new radio alone.

Yea, Thats what I was thinking but then my brain takes over and I start thinkin of different ideas. I am comftable with a soldering iron but I think I will leave the new radio alone.
You have to start somewhere and believe me working on a piece of equipment that has had no hands in it is much better than finding one that looks like it was at the butcher shop

Hi, I know this is a old post. I was wondering if anyone could give me the pin out code for the 10 pins? I owned a rci-69FFB4 and had to replace the echo board because I had a very hard time trying to turn the little vr's and one came apart. So I order a replacement from greg. After that I sold the radio but kept the old echo board and now want to do the same thing as racetra and put it in another radio I have. I just am not sure of what pin does what. I appreciate the help. 73,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.