• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alexloop

In order to have the suggested 4" left at the top, I was having to use a piece of pvc nearly 50" in length. Finally came to my senses and decided to make a much shorter piece which can be carried in the Alexloop's carrying case. (The tripod itself is a little too large to fit and pretty heavy as well. But that's fine with me. The weight makes it very sturdy.) The 6" end of the pvc slides into the tripod leaving the suggested 4" above the coupler which acts as a stop.

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 338_MtRushmore
Put the Alexloop in action this morning. Heard a TON of activity loud and clear on 20 meters and some on 40. Not too much on the other bands this time around. Seated at the table, it is an easy reach to the antenna's tuning knob. Peaking for the loudest signal is a snap.

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG

The radio's display doesn't show up too well in the photo but is sharp as a tack in person.
Love the quality, ease and portability of this antenna. Just what I was looking for. Well, back to studying so I can enjoy the other half---transmitting! :D

Last edited:
Just came across this thread of mine and thought I should bring it up to date. Long story short, I gave up on becoming a ham and sold all my stuff. Then, months later, life returned to some sort of normalcy for me and I revisited the idea. As most of you know, I got my Technician License recently and in March will take the test for my General.

And so I am bringing my portion of this thread to a close. Hopefully someday someone else with an Alexloop will come across it and share their thoughts and experiences.

And so I am bringing my portion of this thread to a close. Hopefully someday someone else with an Alexloop will come across it and share their thoughts and experiences.

Well, that somebody is me! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nine months after selling my Alexloop, I developed a severe case of seller's remorse and purchased another one!
(Hope you're not laughing too hard, Jay.) :D

In the shade of the tree with a glass of tea or underneath the stars, this thing is a blast. I love these antennas! Haven't tried it indoors yet, but will report back when I do.

Well done, Alex, sir. Well done. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated