• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alinco Dx10

Your talking about the Alinco DR-135CB. We're talking about the Alinco DX-10.

Now don't go and say they are the SAME radio, unless your absolutely positive. The DX-10 may have hardware and software changes that separate it from the DR-135CB.

Unpacked the DX-10 and performed the frequency expansion right off the bat. Plugged in my trusty little Hi-Mound straight key and fired off a string of characters, but instantly ceased operating due to the dreaded CW sidetone buffering issue. I called the repair tech at REMtronix , he claims he is going to write the boys in Japan to feel them out and request a fix.

Anyways, my plan is to ship it to REMtronix and see what happens. Hopefully, if they are able to fix the issue, the same fix can be applied to the Anytone and the CRE-8900.

I've also noticed that strong SSB stations exhibit distortion.

I'll keep ya'll posted

Last edited:
I mounted it in the mobile, and so far, it seems to be quiet. It's nowhere as noisy as the POS AT-6666. Talked with a local ham whom reports good audio on AM/SSB. Actually, I kinda missed my old CRE-8900, but the CW issue bummed me out, so off it went. I'm equally bummed with this one as well, but I have some hope of getting it fixed, if not, then I'll ask for a refund.

I have a feeling that this will be Alinco's last hurrah. They'll either correct this issue or just abandon the whole 10 meter entry all together. This sidetone issue is a bloody nose that will turn some ops off.

The manual has an email address if you have questions or concerns, It's:

export@alinco.co.jp

lol, I thought the "export" part was appropriate.

I'm still wondering what Ranger is going to come out with...I'd be happy if they just addressed the hashy assed receive and put a tone board in the 29XX flavors. Otherwise, darn good platform.

Well...

Yes, it does work. Just not with a straight key. If I could disable the sidetone, I could just key by feel, but the delay fools the brain. The radio works fine with an external keyer and paddles (just like the 8900 did). I do operate 98% at home or portable with paddles or bug, but when mobile, straight key strapped to the thigh is the norm. I just don't want to fool around with an external keyer. Now, if the radio had an internal keyer I'd be happy.

CRE, Anytone and Lincoln would just ignore this issue. If anyone is going to fix this issue, it's gonna be Alinco. I'm just curious how this is going to pan out. I can make this radio work on CW, but I'm just fickle and funny about shit like this. If something has an advertised mode, then I expect it to work.

I don't think that at all. What other similar alternatives are there? I think they punted by allowing this radio to hit the market with known issues. I believe they are fully aware of this issue, but are hoping non CW ops are the ones that buy.

CRE had the factory email me the supposed fix for the 8900, but the mod didn't help much. It was a little better, but was no cigar. I can't find the mod. They requested that I not post it, but I did send it to several people here. Anyways, it didn't work, so hopefully they can come up with something that does. They likely know, but costs to much coin.

Last edited:
CRE had the factory email me the supposed fix for the 8900, but the mod didn't help much. It was a little better, but was no cigar. I can't find the mod. They requested that I not post it, but I did send it to several people here.

Can I get a copy of the mod?

This email is Alinco's response to the problem.

Hi Mark,
Alinco says that there is no fix, it is a basic entry level all mode 10-Meter radio... it is what it is.
A serious CW operator would not consider this radio, however it is perfect for phone operators and the casual CW Op.
Mike
Mike Herbert
WB6JKV
Director of Engineering
2560 Barrington Court
Hayward, CA. 94545
“Authorized Alinco Distributor”
Direct 510-298-5100 Ext. 3
FAX 510-887-0314
mailto:mike@remtronix.com

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated