• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

All band mobile scanner antenna?

The Austin Spectra Mobile Antenna is one of the best, but it's pricey. It’s in the $130 range and comes with a NMO mount. Other mounts that adapt to the NMO base such as a magnetic or trunk lip are extra.

Sorry did not see the mobile portion on the title
Go to DNJRADIO.COM and look for the D2000. I have one on the way and will get it up in the air shortly after I receive it. It will be able to transmit on a bunch of frequencies too.
Specific Transmit Freq. 26,27,46,49,72,144,220,440,900,1.290MHz
http://www.dnjradio.com//product_info.php?products_id=437

Tallman, how do these transmit over such a wide range of frequencies? Seems like SWR would be a problem.
Thanks!

Tallman, how do these transmit over such a wide range of frequencies? Seems like SWR would be a problem.
Thanks!
The interaction of all of the elements can mimic differing configurations. I would hate to draw a circuit equivalency of that antenna. There is one vertical element and all of those radials are different lengths. There is a word for it that I can't remember, it has to do with utilizing harmonics. I think the SWR is suppose to be less than 2:1 at the worst point.

The interaction of all of the elements can mimic differing configurations. I would hate to draw a circuit equivalency of that antenna. There is one vertical element and all of those radials are different lengths. There is a word for it that I can't remember, it has to do with utilizing harmonics. I think the SWR is suppose to be less than 2:1 at the worst point.

Very cool. Always wondered.
Thanks!

Thanks!

Hmm....I was going to say that usually the tx frequencies on these are quite limited but it looks as though the particular freq on the one listed above does claim to be able to do 26 and 27 which is interesting. I bet it's very narrow though in those ranges and SWR will spike as soon as you get away from the sweet spot. I bet that 300 watts rating is not correct either.

$39 here - http://tauruscom.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=87

Last edited:
Hmm....I was going to say that usually the tx frequencies on these are quite limited but it looks as though the particular freq on the one listed above does claim to be able to do 26 and 27 which is interesting. I bet it's very narrow though in those ranges and SWR will spike as soon as you get away from the sweet spot. I bet that 300 watts rating is not correct either.

$39 here - http://tauruscom.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=87

Makes sense to me. Thanks.
Now I am going to step aside as the thread is about undertaker's search for a mobile scanner antenna. This discone might look cool atop a '68 VW beetle but not so much on a Ford F150. :D

Reactions: undertaker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated