• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ameritron AL-80a

Ok tallman, what if i drop the price to $650 AND I'll split the shipping cost. Dorian and yes that's my call sign.
You have no idea how much I would like to have it, but I have a Yaesu FT-2100B that I don't use. I would be a beautiful addition to my collection. I just don't run amplifiers. I guess that is a left over fear of the FCC kicking down doors in the past. Not my doors though.

I'm still very tempted....

Is that typical of Ameritron to use hot melt glue to keep the windings of the band select coil separated?

BBB, I purchased a coil from Ameritron way back in 2008, Had to rebuild an SB 1000, rescued it from 11 meter use, tank coil circuit was ripped out and only an 11 meter coil in it, as well as the tuned input circuit was destroyed by over driving it.

The coil that I purchased ( bottom coil not top 10 through 40 meter coil) looked exactly as the one in the above pics, sort of does look like glue gun, innovative way to keep the turns separated as from factory there is noting to keep the coils spaced apart.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?