• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

An Interview With Martin Jue of MFJ Enterprises Inc

I can't find where he ever did.

i got a PM from rob saying he had bought his peice of gear and that if it given to him he would have said so . i edited my post to clarify i wasnt suggesting robb got it free in case someone else got the same impression . sorry if it caused any confusion .

and thank you robb for your contributions to the forum and your efforts to improve it . :)

Martin Jue-MFJ

Ive called the company Mighty Fine Junk for some of their eqpt. that has been JUNK !
I OWN 5 peaces of their gear now,but have had a lot of problems with there antenna tuners,burning up the torid core balun with twinlead on 10,12,and 15 mtr dble bazooka,
burned the 450 ohm line right in-two-big time current/voltage lupp.

-Melting the Roller Inductor on 160 mtrs running into a 2.3 SWR with 1200 watts on cw
they work ok with 500 watts. Martin F. Jue DOES NOT QSL !!!!!-I worked him 2 times on 40 cw and both times I sent a SASE NADA NADA I got back -Cheep or What ??? I needed
Ms on cw for a long time.I have 2 of their QRP cw kits they are nifty and work nicely.
The customer service is top notch and some very knowledgeable tech. too -They have
the time to explain a problem and a fix over the landlne too-most co. dont do that.I did
a lot of wire antenna experimenting over the past 20 yrs and had at 1 time 3, 989C tuners
in line-HI HI-ALL burned up -but I was trying and matcing some weird Zs.I gave them all
away free to New needy amatures(fixed for $100 or so ).Iam glad they are in USA and
have employment for our people in Ms. Thanks MFJ.

When you get MFJ gear shake it and open the lid-check out the bolts,screws etc.....
Good Luck and have Fun.

I'll repeat myself at the risk of being crude. It was a short call to a busy man who allowed me a few minutes to discuss probably the biggest question that anyone would dare to ask of him. That is, the reputation of MFJ among the Ham community.

Perhaps he will allow me some more time in the near future to have an extended time for more info. Or, Martin might become a member of the WWRF and we can ask him questions and he can respond personally to all.

hi rob, i am no ham but let me offer this to the man .
the digital meter is nice ,at a good price .but ,if they want to sell more of them and reach another market(cb)then they need to make units that handle more power.

for example.....i just purchased a lp 100a digital meter .why did i go that route?because mfj`s digital meter does not handle enough power .had thier meter gone up to 3k peak i would have considered thier meter too if it had a compareable price .

i realize they are targeting a ham radio market but if they want to expand sales and realize there is a bigger market for that item than just ham radio then i would advise making a digital with higher power ratings up to 3k and 5k peak.

had they offered such a unit maybe i would have bought one ......see where thats going......?my 2 cents

Don't go by what most of the cronies over on QRZ.com have to say about MFJ. Most of them either don't own anything MFJ or haven't owned anything from them in years and are just still spewing either old sour grapes or simply repeating what they hear. If MFJ was really as bad as the denizens on QRZ.com say then they could never stay in business much less grow the way they have been in the past few years.
I have their 962d MFJ Enterprises Inc. and have not had a single issue with it the 2+ years I've owned it/

I have their 962d MFJ Enterprises Inc. and have not had a single issue with it the 2+ years I've owned it/

Exactly. I own or owned about a half dozen or so MFJ products and the only thing I had wrong was a loose screw holding the PC board in place on my MFJ-269 antenna analyzer. I do know some folks that had a rotary coil loose in their tuner that caused some grief when they hit the tuner with about 2Kw. Loose connections and 2Kw do not work well together. :censored:

.... I now have a MFJ 2 meter /1.25 meter swr meter that I use on my 2 meter radio,but I am looking for something to replace it. It serves the purpose but that is about it... ...

I'm just curious about this: If it "serves the purpose" it was designed and purchased for, what is the problem? It seems hard to fault a company for producing products that "only" meet the specifications and purposes claimed for them.

...... the digital meter is nice, at a good price. but,if they want to sell more of them and reach another market (cb) then they need to make units that handle more power. ...... because mfj`s digital meter does not handle enough power. had their meter gone up to 3k peak i would have considered their meter too if it had a comparable price. ...

Exactly why would a meter for CB need a higher power rating than one for amateur radio use? Am I missing something here?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.