• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another CB Retailer Comes Under FCC Scrutiny

Somewhere...

There's a gaggle of fat QRZ life members that have a big boner. It's almost like the revenuers have been unleashed.

I think these recent actions are a day late and a dollar short. The FCC had the opportunity MANY years ago, to make use and sales of illegal amplifiers a risky endeavor.

8200 watts!

That is how attention was brought to them.

I would ASSume if they had small amps, 500 watt and lower, it would not draw the attention 8200 watts does...........

8200 watts!

That is how attention was brought to them.

I would ASSume if they had small amps, 500 watt and lower, it would not draw the attention 8200 watts does...........

about time,.... and I bet there will be many more to follow.

if you drive your car at 130 mph, don't whine when ya get poped;)

Reactions: 1 person
These guys can't taunt the FCC forever by advertising this crap online and selling it in stores like it's beef jerky and expect to get away with it. I can list a dozen online store fronts selling CB amps, CW transmitters (WTF?), exports and modified CB rigs. Can they make it any easier for the FCC to catch them? Used to be you had to know a guy who knew a guy to buy an amp or export. Those guys never made the news.

To quote the Profit Forrest Gump.. "Stupid is as stupid does".

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.