• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna Analyzer vs SWR meter issue

Only if you can connect them directly to the feedpoint which is the ideal place. Same thing applies for meters too actually. Question..... How would YOU connect an antenna analyzer to an antenna if it was not possible to reach the feedpoint? Answer......With a coaxial jumper.

I always assumed the coax from the antenna to the radio is part of the antenna. I thought the coax is necessary to get the 50 ohm impedance right.

I always assumed the coax from the antenna to the radio is part of the antenna. I thought the coax is necessary to get the 50 ohm impedance right.

The coax fom the antenna will alter the impedance if the antenna is not a pure 50 ohms or if the coax is not an exact half wave multiple. Although the SWR will always be the same the actual impedance comprised of X and R values will vary depending on the actual length of the coax from the antenna. If I cannot locate my analyzer directly at the feedpoint I use pre-made half wave length jumpers, one for each band, between the feedpoint and the analyzer. After tuning I have never had a problem with using any random length of coax from the antenna changing the impedance at the radio.

Reactions: 222DBFL and HomerBB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?