• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna for a FRG-7

KsKev

Jul 24, 2014
Southeast Kansas
Hey everyone......
Does anybody here have a FRG-7 receiver?
If so what antenna is/was worked well for you??
I have picked up a FRG-7 receiver for a good price and was wondering what's a good
outside antenna that would work good with this radio?
Dipole maybe???
Thanks for any suggestions.

So, it does not matter how long the wire is to use on all the frequencies with the FRG-7?
Seen on flea-bay a long wire end fed with a 9.1 balm with 80' wire...... is 80' wire really necessary?

So, it does not matter how long the wire is to use on all the frequencies with the FRG-7?
Seen on flea-bay a long wire end fed with a 9.1 balm with 80' wire...... is 80' wire really necessary?
You don't need a balun (and definitely not a "balm") if all you're doing is receiving. If you have the space to put up 80 feet of wire safely and up high, go for it.

It's when you want to transmit that the problems start to arise with antennas. For receiving, experiment away.

It may not be necessary, but it does not have to run in a single straight line. As much wire as you can put in the air the better the reception.

I once ran 600 feet of wire for an antenna. It worked GREAT on long wave and the AM broadcast band. I could hear an ant fart on the dark side of the moon
Long ago, when I'd spend a weekend or two fishing with my mom's sister and her husband, I could hear my aunt fart from a considerable distance.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated