• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna switches

Heavy Metal

Aug 23, 2014
i was wondering on some you have 1 from radio and 2 3 4 ect out of the switch to antenna. Can these be reversed to do 2 3 4 ect radios input to 1 antenna? Curious was looking at some deltas

I have my antenna connected to the common and #1 connected to my antenna analyzer
#2 connected to my yaesu ft-857D and #3 connected to my Icom 746.
Works really good that way too.

I use an Ameritron rcs-4 and Alpha Delta 4B to switch between two antennas and 2 hf radios. I can add two more antennas and radios but don't need that at the moment. Works fine.

Reactions: 222DBFL
A switch doesn't know what it is hooked to. 1 in to 4 out or 4 in to 1 out either way works.They work either way. MFJ makes a dual switch that handles many antennas on one side and many transceivers on the other allowing any transceiver to be connected to any antenna.

They have a couple of versions of that. I bought the one with the connections all around the rectangular box. I wish I would have bought the one that sits flat on the desk and has connections on the back.

Brett

I have an MFJ-1700B dual switch which has two common ports which you normally jumper together to allow o0nr of six radios to connect to one of six antennas. This allows the connection of a common meter or amplifier to be inserted inline so it can be used with any radio. I don't really use it now as I will be using an Ameritron RCS-10 remote switch for HF and the 6m and 2m feedlines will connect directly to separate radios.

2098.gif

I saw those I like the deltas with the replaceable lightning arrestor but not sure if those as good as some ect

The Alpha Delta switches are good switches. The 4B is made to work either 4 antennas, 1 radio or 1 antenna, 4 radios. You can run two of them together to choose from 4 and 4. I also use their surge protectors on my transmission lines as they enter the house. All purchased from DXengineering.

The Alpha Delta switches are good switches. The 4B is made to work either 4 antennas, 1 radio or 1 antenna, 4 radios. You can run two of them together to choose from 4 and 4. I also use their surge protectors on my transmission lines as they enter the house. All purchased from DXengineering.
A little late in the game here but just a comment that the Alpha Delta switches have better isolation between the positions than most other coaxial switches. This is important when choosing a switch for switching different rigs rather than antennas.

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.