1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

any airgun fans here ?

Discussion in 'Prepper Forum' started by br549, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Beetle

Beetle
    Expand Collapse

"Official Daisy Red Ryder Model 1938 Air Rifle with the compass in the stock and this thing what tells time". Mine had no compass and no sundial (use the compass to find approximate north, then use the sundial, properly aligned, to find approximate time.) Putting a magnetic compass that close to a bunch of ferrous weapons parts ... it's a wonder Red Ryder ever made it home to The Duchess. Anyone remember her?

2. Fishmongerjoe

Fishmongerjoe
    Expand Collapse

I have a ruger air hawk which is a rws 34 clone. I hate it. It’s loud and it feels like it’s going to explode every time I pull the trigger. It is powerful though. On the other hand I find the ruger American rim fire with 22 shorts a better option in every regard. I can open the window in the kitchen and take small game and my neighbors are none the wiser. Larger capacity, better trigger, more range, decent optic and easier to maintain.

3. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas
    Expand Collapse

I've got several .117 pellet rifles, but my favorite air gun is the Umarex Steel Storm Co2 fully automatic BB gun. It uses 2 Co2 cartridges and holds about 300 BB's. It has a magazine that holds about 30 BB's at a time and has a switch to convert it form single shot, to a 6 shot auto. (shoots 6 BB's with one pull of the trigger) However, I had the factory modify mine so it will shoot all 30 BB's in the magazine at once...shoots all 30 in about 2 seconds...You can get a fancy sight for the gun, but I suggest getting a laser pointer-type sight instead...Much easier just to have the gun sighted with the laser than trying to look threw a scope at short distances...Not all that powerful, but a blast!