1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Astro Plane Fans ?

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by tuner, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Tib2K

Tib2K
    Expand Collapse

Sorry I missed this....

For some applications I think it will be fine.

ap installed.png

In my case there is only 4' of top rail from the support to the bottom hoop of the AP.

NOTE: this drawing was made for the original 20' mast the top rail installed was 21' so everything moved up 1 foot. IMG_20170913_120654-croped.jpg
    Tib

#631 Tib2K, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017

2. Riverman71

Riverman71
    Expand Collapse

What diameter, Homer?
    And if using more than one piece, how do you join them?

#632 Riverman71, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  3. HomerBB

HomerBB
    Expand Collapse

I usully use sizes 1-1/2, 1-1/4, and 1". All 10' long. One inside the other as push up pole. Drill a hole through the two smaller pipes 1' from the bottom of each and put a bolt through it so it sits on the larger pipe beneath it. Three of them is 28' tall. If I need more I use a 2" diameter pipe on the bottom. There is slack between 2" and 1-1/2" pipes so I wrap the 1-1/2" with some duct tape to reduce slop. With 4 pipes I get 37' height.

br549 likes this.
  4. JAF0

JAF0
    Expand Collapse

And you could do a 5th pipe of 2.375", which I think is the largest my local Lowe's carries. So 46' from a pushup pole, not too bad. That's almost a 50' tower.
    If you placed 5' from a 2nd 2" about 3' into cement it would be self-standing until the first set of guy lines were tight, then a tall 12' "cherry-picker" ladder would allow you to access the top of the mast to place the antenna and begin the raise, with top guy lines already set of course.

HomerBB likes this.
  5. Oscar Goldman

Oscar Goldman
    Expand Collapse

I have mine at the same height as your, and it works great for local and DX.

6. Tib2K

Tib2K
    Expand Collapse

I have absolutely no complaints with mine it flat works. I do think its one of the very best antennas I have ever had in the air. (DX and Local)

ˌwənˌōˈwən/

adjective
    1. denoting an introductory course at college or university in the subject specified.
      • informal
        denoting the elementary or basic facts associated with the field or subject specified.
        "Radio & Antenna theory 101"
    Well for me, I have gone back to the basics. FT-101 and the AV-101.