• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

any mic with smoooth bassy sound?

M

mac292oh10

just wondering if there is a microphone out there that has a smooth audio with a little bass in it.......

ive used the d104m6b......silvereagle desk mic.......knight k eagle.....oh and the garbage d104m6c

the knight k eagle seemed to be more on the bassy side.....but it has sense got dusty or smothin and makes a

bunch of crunchy soundin noises when keyed......needs cleaned i assume but im not sure how to or what to clean....

any ways can anyone help me out......the d104's are crystal clear but dont seem to have a low end frequency response......

------------------

FCnatrecord.jpg

</p>

Tuners are bassy /hand helds and desk mic's/ you can also put some kind of mitten over the D-104 heads that will also give them a little bass (or apprear to anyway)...The Turner Sidekicks are best for sideband ..they came out with that one after the 3s were a bit much on the sideband side..yes they work well on AM as well but you will get the bass your looking for in the Sidekick ..about 30 to 40.00 on ebay and also the old Turner 2s were on the bassy side as well.

Um, it's that "tinny" sound that makes the D-104 so "crystal-clear" on AM.

Once you use a mike with better bass response you'll find it necessary to turn down the mike gain, to keep from sounding distorted. Those bass tones will overdrive the audio circuits first, when they are louder coming out of the mike. The distortion from those bass tones will 'cover up' the higher-pitched voice sounds. The ones that make the words understandable.

With a bassier mike, you'll find that you can't get quite as "loud" and still remain "clear" on AM.

On SSB, this all changes. Mikes that sound good on AM will sound TOO 'tinny' on SSB. This is because the SSB modulation circuit clips off those bass tones before they can distort. If the mike has too little bass response on its own, the SSB modulation circuits will over-emphasize the "tinny" quality of a good-sounding "AM" mike like the D-104.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I've noticed over the years as far as sideband is concerned ,especially with amplified type mic's ,there's never really much need for to much audio amplifacation there,or that to much is just to much.I suppose the tuning of the radio can have a lot to do with it when it comes to how one is going to sound,clipped diodes may sound livable on AM but somewhat nasty on SSB . Seems like a lot of these cb radios with cap/resistor mods /NPC mods really don't even need power mic's on them and if they do, chances are one would only need to crack the audio on them anyway,this is when I have personally heard these types of radios "sound" best with good stock mic's as well as your NC non powered type mic's and that's on both AM and SSB.......this has been where looking for a happy medium on how one sounds or wants to sound comes in to place....as I said before,there are factors ,what radio is it ?how has it been tuned? what kind of voice does one have ? Kind of reminds me of the older Cobra 148s/2000s ...you never really had to do very much to those radios in the tuning department ,it was almost as if the less done on those made for the best sounding operations ,a scoped out 100% modulation those radios really seemed to always like a good powered mic to go with then ,Turners/Astatics ect.ect. and the best mic I ever heard on those was the Shure 526-T ..just pure loud and clear audio.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I always found the Shure 526-T to be a very interesting mic ? Like I said ,on the older Cobra/Uniden radios,I would take one of those mic's over a D-104 anyday but I had used those mic's on other types of radios where they did not sound very good at all )-: I would guess to say it had something to do with impedance ? IM really no expert here,I could only really go with what my ear was hearing,but still a good mic as far as sideband and AM goes on the radios that it seems to be compatable with. It's kind of like going back to the Turner 3s sounding great on AM but just a bit to much on SSB so then Turner comes out with the Super Sidekick witch was the better SSB mic but was really more bassier on AM unlike the 3s were .....smart marketing maybe ? (-:

Here is Some good Mods for the sound your looking for.... if you find a Astatic 1104C Ceramic Base Station Microphone With Volume And Tone Controls you will be happy with the Smooth bassy sound it put's off

i too like the +3 and my favorite the +2 have always gotten good reports,with both mikes . clean ,clear and a touch of bass,great for ssb and am,just a 1/4 turn and go.can you say auuudioooo. :LOL:

just wondering if there is a microphone out there that has a smooth audio with a little bass in it.......

ive used the d104m6b......silvereagle desk mic.......knight k eagle.....oh and the garbage d104m6c

the knight k eagle seemed to be more on the bassy side.....but it has sense got dusty or smothin and makes a

bunch of crunchy soundin noises when keyed......needs cleaned i assume but im not sure how to or what to clean....

any ways can anyone help me out......the d104's are crystal clear but dont seem to have a low end frequency response......

------------------

FCnatrecord.jpg

</p>
Turner plus 3 is the best I use the on all my radio's, galaxy saturn, 858 uniden radio's cybernet radio's, sbe console v and icom 756 Pro and they sound absolutely beautiful on all of them, I find mic gain on the radio about 12 o'clock on the dial and 9 or 10 o'clock on the mic works best otherwise they tend to overdrive

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated