• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-6666 electret

rabbiporkchop

Jan 18, 2007
pennsylvania
Pin 6 is dc voltage but unused. No capacitor in mic. How does this thing work? Excuse my ignorance, but dynamic mics have always been my thing. Electrets are new to me.
1488299381305_zpsq1w0f8cy.jpg

1488301735659_zpsvkrxe2zh.jpg

The radio should power the mic element via the audio pin. If you were to install a dynamic mic on such a radio you should use a blocking cap if the mic doesn't have one.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
The radio should power the mic element via the audio pin. If you were to install a dynamic mic on such a radio you should use a blocking cap if the mic doesn't have one.
Any idea how to wire this thing? I wanted to temporarily put the electret inside this case until I got a noise cancelling one. Plug is wired exactly the same as the stock AT-6666 mic.
Now I got 4 wires and am not sure what to do with them. Dynamic mics are a breeze, but I'm new to electrets and I would hate to mess something up.
1488305588374_zps7lsxocrz.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea how to wire this thing? I wanted to temporarily put the electret inside this case until I got a noise cancelling one. Plug is wired exactly the same as the stock AT-6666 mic.
Now I got 4 wires and am not sure what to do with them. Dynamic mics are a breeze, but I'm new to electrets and I would hate to mess something up.
1488305588374_zps7lsxocrz.jpg

Not just by looking at it. Observe the polarity on the mic element and check the voltage before you install the element. If it were in front of me and I had a schematic or just time to trace wiring I could give you a better answer.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated