• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Aries 460 SWR/Watt meter & Ranger external speaker.

H

Hollywood

Just got both of these and thought I would let everyone know what I think of them.

First the meter-very nice, compact little meter. I took mine apart right away so I could flush mount it into the console, so I did get a look inside, though don't know enough to make any judgments as far as build quality. Nothing was hanging loose and it works fine so I guess that is a good sign. It is an LED meter so not readable in direct sunlight, but with a normal under-dash mount I doubt that would be a problem. It IS a pretty small box compared to regular analog gauge meters, so if space is a concern it is a good choice. Advertised to take 450 watts which is more than I have to put through it, though I will be try it out with the famous (or infamous) WalshU custom Xforce just to see the meter do 3 digits while I'm waiting on the Mag 357!

Speaker- I got this meter after reading the recommendations in the other thread here, and can say it is a good choice. Very heavy built, and quite large compared to the "radio shack special" that it replaced. I have the grey version, and fit and finish are better than I expected for such a mundane accessory. If space is at a premium, you may want to measure your spot because this is not a dainty speaker! Sounds very good though, and LOUD without distorting.

hollywoodsig.gif
</p>

I just got the little Aries meter too. I used it to tune my Moonraker. Great little meter. You dont have to do the math. Just hook it up, key up, and it does the math for you. Tells the SWRs without calabrating. I like it.

skeetermansig.gif
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated