• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Autek Research--- Still In Business????

I know thw WM-1 is discontinued but did not know they went out of business.

I have four of the WM1's.

Last one I picked up off flea bay.

They are good meters and true PEP readers.

A little frequency sensitive as far as accuracy, the lower the freq the more the meter says the output it, but most meters do that anyway.

Autek Research

Still in business - Probably not

Some years back I called them, here in Florida, if I remember correctly.

I wanted to order a replacement plastic meter cover, the guy on the phone

acted like I had just committed a Cardinal Sin. Very very rude and boisterous.

Told him in choice words to K.M.A., hung up and sold the meter for parts.....

You cannot treat paying customers like crap and expect to stay in business, makes

no matter that you have good products..............

Reactions: 2 people
I have had olny a few meters but I realy like my Daiwa CN-801 HP SWR and power at the same time Peak readind also. In the peak reading it will not do SWR 20-200-and 2k watts with a nice light that has a switch.

Products | DAIWA Ham Radio

They have a bunch of models and different ranges. Not cheap but I think they might be built to last. There is always Bird for watts olny Good meter for your tank of Hummer install.

Reactions: 1 person
I have had olny a few meters but I realy like my Daiwa CN-801 HP SWR and power at the same time Peak readind also. In the peak reading it will not do SWR 20-200-and 2k watts with a nice light that has a switch.
It can show SWR in PEP mode with simple mod I described in other thread.
Mike

U a meter hoarder or something?

Cubix Astro 150/Heathkit SB200/ autek WM1 meter.

Kenwood ts 440/ Heathkit SB200/ autek WM1 meter.

Kenwood ts 450 sat/ Heathkit SB1000/ autek WM1 meter.

Kenwood ts 820/ Ameritron AL80B/ autek WM1 meter.

Kenwood TS 830 goldline/ Home brew 3-1000/ Need another meter

Swan 700CX/ need another meter.

Cubix Astro 150/Heathkit SB200/ autek WM1 meter.

Kenwood ts 440/ Heathkit SB200/ autek WM1 meter.

Kenwood ts 450 sat/ Heathkit SB1000/ autek WM1 meter.

Kenwood ts 820/ Ameritron AL80B/ autek WM1 meter.

Kenwood TS 830 goldline/ Home brew 3-1000/ Need another meter

Swan 700CX/ need another meter.

I just use a switch to change rigs. One meter, umpteen rigs. I do understand the "why's" of what you're doing, though. :)

Brett

Tons of posts on Eham about their poor customer service. They seemed to have made a very good meter, but always had complaints for service after the purchase.

Brett

I just use a switch to change rigs. One meter, umpteen rigs. I do understand the "why's" of what you're doing, though. :)

Brett

Yes I do not change bands, I change rigs.:D

Forgot to mention the Yaesu FT 102 so need another meter for that oldie but goodie.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I was thinking of buying one, but guess I can't now. I remember they had a LAME way of ordering stuff from them anyways.

They only accepted phone orders about 4 hours a day and to order online you would put your address and credit card info on an unsecured form and submit. Lame is understating it but the WM-1 is a nice piece. I only live 15 miles from where they build them and they refused to let me pick up one at their facility.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.