• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Backwards Swing

CB RADIO FREQ

Apr 1, 2013
Hello everyone, i recently aquired a cobra 29 LX that had no output. Turns out the final transistor was cracked and a resistor was cooked. I replaced both components and the output came back. But when you modulate, it swings backwards and i cannot figure out why its doing this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have run across this before but it is not always related to this problem, The meter diode, RF sense, may have been damaged from what ever happened to the final. Be sure to set the bias current and do not over modulate, approaching 90% is just fine.

73 mechanic

I am not running an amplifier and on the meter it dead keys about 4 watts and swings back to about 2.5 watts. I am using a 15 amp power supply. I did find a diode that was burnt up (D8) and i replaced it but it did not effect anything. Im also not sure how to set the bias. Thanks

I have tried a 30 amp power supply but it still swings backwards. I do not think its a matter of a tune up as I have already tried the general tune up procedure.

Ok everyone. I think I have narrowed it down to the adjustment slugs used to tune the radio in the tune up procedure. The adjustments are totally out of whack and I think it's causing to swing backwards. Does anyone know the factory settings for those adjustments?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.