• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best ATU at good price for mobile use, being used with dx500 w/Toshiba transistors.

You're welcome. I have a LDG runner and have had no issues with it. I never run more than 100 watts so I have a smaller one but it tunes quickly and works nice.

I've hear md good things about the LDG tubers as well. Don't own one. But have heard good things about them. Don't use my tuner much on my Icom 746 anyhow. It again I am not trying what you are either. 100 watts is plenty for me on SSB on the base anyways. I do have an older TNT 600hd with Toshiba 2979's as well and some decent antennas as well but haven't been mobile for a while now. Last setup was an optima mk3, magnaforce 350hd, 2 Toshiba 2979's, and the Sirio 5000 performer mag mounted on a Nissan Envy tall back work van and also had 6 magnets on the underside of the roof. Yes antenna was on roof and roof was about 8'9" and add the 6.5ft Sirio performer and man did it work well for a mag mount setup!! Was one heck of an SSB DX'ing mobile work van LOL! Anyways. All bs aside like BJ said, get one rated for at least double the power of not more if you can find one for a good price. When pushing power more is always better when it comes to things like tuners and LPF's and even coax and connectors. Not that RG8X won't work well enough. I would just rather use LMR240UF or LMR400. Anyhow. Good luck with the setup and be safe!!

I've hear md good things about the LDG tubers as well. Don't own one. But have heard good things about them. Don't use my tuner much on my Icom 746 anyhow. It again I am not trying what you are either. 100 watts is plenty for me on SSB on the base anyways. I do have an older TNT 600hd with Toshiba 2979's as well and some decent antennas as well but haven't been mobile for a while now. Last setup was an optima mk3, magnaforce 350hd, 2 Toshiba 2979's, and the Sirio 5000 performer mag mounted on a Nissan Envy tall back work van and also had 6 magnets on the underside of the roof. Yes antenna was on roof and roof was about 8'9" and add the 6.5ft Sirio performer and man did it work well for a mag mount setup!! Was one heck of an SSB DX'ing mobile work van LOL! Anyways. All bs aside like BJ said, get one rated for at least double the power of not more if you can find one for a good price. When pushing power more is always better when it comes to things like tuners and LPF's and even coax and connectors. Not that RG8X won't work well enough. I would just rather use LMR240UF or LMR400. Anyhow. Good luck with the setup and be safe!!
Thank you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?