• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best place to buy a ic-7000?

Although HRO is not the cheapest place, I deal solely with them for service and really quick shipping. Most times next day. HRO price for the 7000 is 1299.95 with free separation kit until 12/31. Free shipping. Nice radio, Hope to hear you end up with it.

Since I have two HRO's within driving distance, that's about the only ham shop I deal with. I do know that if they're not the cheapest price, you can get them to price match if you can show them someone else who's got it cheaper. Not sure how well that would work over the phone or online, but it's worth a try. Their customer service is terrific. I'm the type of guy that will favor buying online rather than dealing with the headache of dumb ass sales people, so the fact that I keep going back says something to me.

Just to add to that, I found out by stopping in at the local store, that if you order online, the store closest to you does not neccessarily make the sale. So if you want support your local store just call them. There stores are run on sales numbers. I will always call directly now and not order off line.

I got my IC-7000 at HRO and they will price match other dealers. they did for me and they shipped it from the closest store so I got it in a day :D .

I paid 1,249.00 I believe ( gotta look at my slip ) total with free shipping.

I love this radio, it is very easy to operate, Some people say there mic dont put out enough audio on SSB but mine does not have this problem, If you would just go to http://www.7000mic.com/ you can get the mic upgraded but I get great reports stock, I might get it anyway as I will be on SSB most when I upgrade to General.You can go to eham and read the reports on the 7000.

Did I say I love it???? :D

Hi guys thanx for your replies. Sorry for the stupid question but what is HRO? :oops:

As well I have found a source for the radio locally for $1299.00 although I've never dealt with them. I am getting them to open the radio up completely so I can have t.v. and the am band. My question is after they mod the radio will they have to re-align it? One cb shop says yes, the guy I talked to from the communications shop said no. Told me the 706 had to be but not the 7000.

Want to make a very educated decision with this radio.

Mike

HRO stands for Ham Radio Outlet. Very good people to deal with although I hear that the California store is having some Customer Service issues. Same day shipping if, the order is placed bt 4pm. Next day delivery in most cases. Ordered my MFJ259B around 3pm on my doorstep by 4pm next day. Look them up and ask them about aligning it after it has been modified. Also ask them about price match with free shipping. Do not let some CB Tech work on this radio! especially if you don't know his work. Just my opinion. HRO's price is the same as the local plus you get the free separation kit and free shipping. Not to mention they will most likely be able to do the mods correctly. Call them, there are 12 stores, chances are there is one near you. Here is the link to there website.
http://www.hamradio.com/

HRO advertized the 7000 for 1299.99 but when I called they said it was on sale for 1249.99 + free seperation kit and free shipping.

I asked about opening it up and they said they wont do it, at least the guy I talked to said not.

You will need to be home though for UPS as the radio is expensive and HRO requires someone sign for the package, they will not let it on your doorstep.

I am ordering the LDG AT-7000 tuner that compliments this radio today from HRO and it will prob. be on my doorstep tomorrow afternoon.

Awsome radio, you will love it,
Roger

not sure where your located
either way can get off his store or online

I bought mine quite a while ago (and it is a great radio)
go to kjielectronics.com from Gene

airplane1 said:
I got my IC-7000 at HRO and they will price match other dealers. they did for me and they shipped it from the closest store so I got it in a day :D .

I paid 1,249.00 I believe ( gotta look at my slip ) total with free shipping.

I love this radio, it is very easy to operate, Some people say there mic dont put out enough audio on SSB but mine does not have this problem, If you would just go to http://www.7000mic.com/ you can get the mic upgraded but I get great reports stock, I might get it anyway as I will be on SSB most when I upgrade to General.You can go to eham and read the reports on the 7000.

Did I say I love it???? :D
:D I can attest to the mic mod. I ran it for 2 weeks stock and everyone said i sounded tight and hollow especially on fm. sent it out,(the mic) and had it back within seven days it would have sooner without the weekend.
All I can can say is I get lots of compliments from what it sounded like before, especially from people that actually know my voice from eyeball QSO's. So I would say "Did I say I love this radio"
Oh yeah I forgot i got mine from hro also, I v'e found that if you go with the bigger dealers they don't seem to get as bitter about exchanging or refunding as the little guys.

Most ham dealers will NOT open a radio up unless you can provide proof of a MARS ticket. Either way it will not need to be aligned. They are not like CB's or export radios.

If I order by phone from a local HRO in californica, will I be able to pick up, and what about sales tax, since it would be shipped in-state?

Even if HRO ships it to you and your state has sales tax, they will still charge you the sales tax. IF I'm not mistaken. I have also heard bad things about the Cali store. You may be better off calling the store in Nevada. If you call the store, they will ship from which ever store you call(if they have it in stock)otherwise it will come from which ever store has what you need. If you order off the internet, it will also come from the store that is either closest or has it in stock. Don't get me wrong. I love HRO but, just wanted to let you know about the bad reports from Cali. Good luck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.