1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best power Mic for AT-6666?

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by TIN_CAN, Nov 14, 2017 at 2:24 AM.

1. TIN_CAN

TIN_CAN
    Expand Collapse

Just wondering if anyone out here have tried any power mics on the AT-6666? if so is there one that seems to be a winner with this radio? I was thinking of a road devil, as I am running this in my truck and its a bit noisy with tires and general road noise. Any suggestions?

Cheers!

2. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna
    Expand Collapse

The Road Devil is one of the best microphones for picking up your voice and not the noise. My vehicle is very loud inside and it's my #1 choice. It should match up fine with that radio as it's done well on the other CRE, Anytone and Lincoln newer models I've tested it on. If you have problems with a delay on keyup there a resistor mod you can add to fix it (I had that issue with the Road Devil on 2 of the newer style radios).

3. M0GVZ

M0GVZ
    Expand Collapse

When mobile the last thing you want is a power mike as that will just make things worse. You want the Heil HMM Hand Mic. It is a directional mic with good side and rear rejection so it'll reject all the noise.

w9cll likes this.
  4. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop
    Expand Collapse

I'm using the Palomar SL41. Folks like the sound of the stock electret due to the low end frequency response.
    The SL41 clips a bunch of bottom end response in the stock configuration, but that setting can be changed internally.

5. TIN_CAN

TIN_CAN
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the input guys, that Palomar sl41 looks interesting, might give one of those a try, it seems to be more durable then the road devil.

6. br549

br549
    Expand Collapse

if you can find a used working 2018 xtreme they were awesome ! has a NC option for mobile (or base) and a great adjustable echo and double talk feature , as well as adjustable tall back . great full tonal quality also , but some like the peircing trebly sound that they believe cuts through skip/static better .

codeman likes this.
  7. sp5it

sp5it
    Expand Collapse
    Master of puppets

Since original mic uses electret capsule I would rather replace it with wm61a and adjust modulation %.
    Mike

rabbiporkchop and PA629 like this.
  8. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop
    Expand Collapse

After putting the original element into a different case, and having the frequency response of the radio drastically altered, I'm quite impressed with the frequency response of the original element.
    The acoustic properties of the factory microphone housing don't do the element Justice.
    20170427_135029_zpstsbxkldu.jpg