• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best ten meter ssb radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. to put it in perspective.( just had a look at my log) In 2016 I have made 10 contacts on 10 m in total. In the previous 3 years 1300 international contacts alone. For all those newbies who haven't experienced a cycle minimum ."Boy are you in for a shock"

What concerns me is that 20m is not as good as 10m was this time last year.

Reactions: darthanubis
I have never seen it because it is impossible to achieve regardless of what bullshit Mark spews. plain and simple. I do understand what noise floor is and i do understand device specs and I do believe manufacturers that design and build these RF front-end devices would state their numbers as being better if they indeed were better. There is a reason why satellite receivers use liquid nitrogen to cool their receiver front-end low noise amplifiers and that is to achieve their maximum sensitivity. Unless you are running a liquid nitrogen package on your gear with upgraded transistors in it 0.001 microvolt sensitivity on a CB rig is bullshit. as for many people not wanting their perception of reality shattered, you are one of them. you would rather believe in the fantasy world of Mark Sherman than in reality.
Welcome to my reality. I hope you enjoy!
I think it is safe to give my receiver most of the credit for the 45 mile trip.

Damn I needed hip waders watching those videos...lots a stuff piled up there.
Let me guess, you hear mobile 6 watt Cobra 29's further than 45 miles on a daily basis with a mountain in between? It's kinda funny that nobody else in my vicinity was able to hear him once he got 16 miles past Interstate 80.

Welcome to my reality. I hope you enjoy!
I think it is safe to give my receiver most of the credit for the 45 mile trip.

You still just don't get it do you? Look at my post you quoted again. Where does it say I did not believe you could work 45 miles on a stock Cobra 29? It's not there.Now show me where you proved that your RX sensitivity is an impossible 0.001 microvolt which you stated your buddy claims it is? It's not there either. Neither is contained in your post. You proved NOTHING. Working out 20, 30,40 miles is quite possible and happens often. I never disputed that. What I DID dispute is the claim of 0.001 microvolt. Oh.....and we are STILL waiting for that engineering report from Sherwood you said you would have done. Until there is a certified report from them this is all bullshit and you are just stirring the pot. When you get a certified and verifiable report from them start a new thread. I am tired of this trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated