• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bobs CB

Bought one radio from Sparky. What a piece I had to send it to another shop for alignment. Now i know why he says free tune and align..Junk never again. I also see his forum is gone guess he got tired of having his ass handed to him for shoddy work.....

Yea I should I'm sorry guys but I was a little ticked off this isn't my first time at this, in the last 6 months I have bought 3 new radios with issues, if it wasn't for my S-9 or the 2950DX I would not have a base operation. GI Joes got me the last time

Now how hard could your 87 year old mama really hit you? lol

Tucker should take a time out.
Yes he should.
This thread has gone from Bob's cb to flaming Sparky's.
If I was Bob and I was getting crap for warranty work from another shop that cut my prices by a few dollars, I would take my time as well. You have to remember if the deal looks too good, then it proably is.
Repair something or keeping my customers happy who are buying from me, damn straight.
Just my thoughts.

Just bad luck ?

Seems Some people can buy any radio from any CB shop and Its Crap by the end of the first Day, if not then by the end of the first week. 90% of the time they opened up the radio to take a look. Why open the radio if you cant fix the dam thing. but most will get out the golden screwdriver and back it goes out for repairs. A local had his new radio to the shop a week after he bought it, and then to another repair shop to have it fixed right and back to the shop where he bought it. all the time saying how crappy both shops are.
It's finally done right now and I won't give him a (radio-check)600.00 for the Big export with the bigest amp and sideband. I count the days until it smokes.:oops:

My AR-3500 (35watt model) developed some distortion in the audio when tx so it's off to Bob's. He's the only person I've read about that would even have the parts for the AR. When I called him the woman told me there was a 6 month back up but what's the alternative for my situation.
Bob was granted all the excess parts by ClearChannel after the company closed according to legend.

3's

I guess he,s just hopin you,ll die befor he fixes it then he can keep your radio..i sent my n2 to him in october , called him today he told me it wont even be looked at till end of april....now this wonuldnt of bothered me IF HE WOULD OF TOLD ME FROM THE GIT GO,it mite take 6 months to a year up front..but no,,he just said send it right in....BUYER BEWARE..its just a shame since radio popularity is die,ng down theres nothing left but shamm artists..... just my opionion....ya know,i have a private busnis of my own and if iwas as busy as he was i mite look into hiring a few more people..he must want it all....fortunetly i dont live more n an hour from OLE BOB,n i,ll just take a ride up there..he mite find out fixen the radio woulda been cheaper in the long run....

Last edited:
well my AR wasn't hacked by any of the aforementioned hack shack quacks, it's suffering from old age syndromes. Bob seems to have a good rep among a lot of operators. Besides I just want the radio back aligned, peaked and tuned but on freq. with no splatter. My AR is missing a little push button too which he has in stock.

3's

yeah

i emailed him over a month ago
to do some work for me. never got a return email
i wont buy from him if that's how he operates

I guess he,s just hopin you,ll die befor he fixes it then he can keep your radio..i sent my n2 to him in october , called him today he told me it wont even be looked at till end of april....now this wonuldnt of bothered me IF HE WOULD OF TOLD ME FROM THE GIT GO,it mite take 6 months to a year up front..but no,,he just said send it right in....BUYER BEWARE..its just a shame since radio popularity is die,ng down theres nothing left but shamm artists..... just my opionion....ya know,i have a private busnis of my own and if iwas as busy as he was i mite look into hiring a few more people..he must want it all....fortunetly i dont live more n an hour from OLE BOB,n i,ll just take a ride up there..he mite find out fixen the radio woulda been cheaper in the long run....

Well I live about 7 hr ride from Bob or I would have gone there when he kept my S9 forever and didn't even look at it. Would have been nice to see if he really was busy or just BSing all day long

For those of you who are unaware and don't know, Bob's CB Shop has a waiting list up to three months. It says so on his site. They are one of a just few shops that are in very high demand.
If you want fast food - go to MickeyD's . . .

For those of you who are unaware and don't know, Bob's CB Shop has a waiting list up to three months. It says so on his site. They are one of a just few shops that are in very high demand.
If you want fast food - go to MickeyD's . . .

Not to beat a broken drum, I have used Dave at DTB Radio dozens of times, Great Tech, Great Communciations, Fast Turn Around Time, Great Prices, so why wait for Bob, I sent Dave a bomb 2 weeks ago, it's sitting here in my shack right now working like the day it was new. There were even parts missing, it doesn't get any better than that and with Flat Rate USPS boxes the large one is 14.95, most CB or Ham mobiles will fit in the Medium box 10.95. I don't know about you but for 15 bucks, gets there in 2 to 3 days, gets back to you the next week. That's the way radio repair shops should be, not months and months:bdh:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated