• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BOOTY 4

ill be damned if i know . i only run a little 2 pill so power handling is a moot point for me . i'm guessing the weak point power wise is either the mobile stud or the plumbers tape and electrical tape used as a insulator in the gamma . just a wild guess , id say a kilowatt or 2 shouldn't be a problem . the gamma uses 3/8 solid rod and 5/8 .058 wall tube , with a better insulator and a better SO-239 or direct fed id suspect several kilowatts shouldn't be a problem ... maybe even 10k ?????? . i'm purely guessing though .

lemmie see ....... 6 ft truck , 31 ft antenna = 37 ft tall rolling down the road .
ill give it a try this weekend and let you know the results ;) .

im looking forward to getting it up a lil bit to homer :D .
thanks for the compliments guys :D

thanks guys .
yea demon , its more of a thread on how NOT to build one for the first several pages :LOL: .
i finally seem to have a grip on it though (y) changing the bottom L's for the basket elements added a lot of strength and stiffness to them .
and i got the OK from the landlord for my 18 ft tilting mast idea , so this will be up a 1/2 WL in about 2 weeks (y)
IMG_0153.jpg

yea , but we're only supposed to get 2-4 inches of rain and 40 mph winds . :sad:

NBC 12 here says ....
"I-95 corridor, including metro Richmond: 2-4" rain, with higher amounts east of I-95 and sharply less west of I-95. Winds at 20-40mph with higher gusts possible Saturday afternoon and night. NWS has issued a tropical storm warning for the Richmond Metro since there may be 39+ mph winds late Saturday.

Keep in mind there will be a sharp dropoff in rain totals and wind from East to West."

i'm about 12-13 miles west of 95 near 288 and 360 .....

its up in the air . no coax on it , im beat , my back is aching , ill get it tuned and on the air tomorrow .
i did make a few changes to the antenna , ill post pics of those tomorrow also .

IMG_0158-1.jpg

as long as it's non-conductive and physically strong enough it can be made to work . if you have actual pdl2 hubs i wouldn't modify them .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.