• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BOOTY 4

lmao. thats the first time he mentioned its 32ft afaik, i saw a drop in signals with mine that long using 90" radials and 30"hoop,

today i helped a buddy here start building a vector using 827 + vector parts with a 1-29/32" x 1/8" wall scaffold pole for the bottom section, stock 90" radials stock 30" hoop, no idea how changing the diameter ratios will effect the outcome.

how did yours do with a 30 ft 6 inch vertical ?
my radials are still at 108 inches so we would both have the same length of vertical above the loop with your's set at 90 inches and 30 1/2 ft .

never had a sigma 4 or a vector . i just copied the basic design (with a LOT of help from some folks on this forum) . i have played with it's lengths though . so far i've gotten best results with the basket elements 108 inches . i added length to the loop and made it 108 inches rather than 95ish , it's about 34 1/2 inches in diameter . i also run the vertical a bit tall at 32 ft . it did better with a 30-31 ft vertical than with it at 27 ft . i couldn't tell any noticeable difference 30 - 31 and 32 ft , so i've left it at 32 .

YMMV

BM, what did you do to determine the differences as you changed the length?

Reactions: 1 person
Hey BM, maybe I asked the question badly, I meant specifically what did you do to help you determine the differences you claim as you changed your antenna length from 27' - 31' feet?

I'd really like to know, or is this your style of Yota and Coolbreeze reporting...where no questions are allowed?

Reactions: 1 person
Antennas

Hay good work looks nice to.
But what kind of frequency range do you
have with your antenna.
I use both 10 meters and some free band
on a I-max 2000.

Al N3IZR(y)

Antennas

Hay good work looks nice to.
But what kind of frequency range do you
have with your antenna.
I use both 10 meters and some free band
on a I-max 2000.

Al N3IZR(y)
what ever happened with the Booty Build??? at the end it just disappeared, did he ever get it erected after landlord gave him permission. And what was the talk about it having babies who had babies, is this a Booty4 antenna or a targa BT-104

what ever happened with the Booty Build??? at the end it just disappeared, did he ever get it erected after landlord gave him permission. And what was the talk about it having babies who had babies, is this a Booty4 antenna or a targa BT-104

I asked Booty several times, here and on eHam, how his antenna performed, but he never responded.

or....
Something happened to booty?

gareng, I don't think anything happened to BM, at least while I was praying for his soul, but latter on, after I stopped including him in my prayers...he disappeared.:unsure:

About the time that DX was declining in my radio he built a really nice version of the Vector 4K, but I never heard any final results for how it worked out for him...last I heard he was still planning an antenna raising...and then he was gone.

Later I heard an echo of a rumor with him saying, "...he had been banned without cause." So, a few of my prayers obviously didn't work out too well. :unsure::(

At some point BM did post a nice thread over on eHam I think. It is in the Home Made Projects section, or something like that. A lot of HAM operators chimed in and either roasted him or toasted him...for his efforts in building the nice looking homemade CB antenna. That thread had a very high viewer rate considering the topic was about a lowly CB vertical 1/2 wave antenna and on a Ham Forum no less. Booty always had something interesting to, right or wrong, and plenty of folks checked out threads he posted on or created. He was however always at odds with somebody along the way...I guess he finally crossed the wrong guy with a button.

I miss the ole' guy, at least he responded to ideas and discussions on this forum. A good quality worthy of note for a forum member.(y)

Thanks for you comment.

Last edited:
recent rumour is he pasted away (even his locals have not heard him on for a couple of years)

he did go quiet after he called out 10 gauge over on MD for a fight but didnt turn up for it (10 gauge did) i think he got embrassed over that

he was hanging on dxrt.com for a while after that but mackmobile banned me for a time because he didnt believe i was actually in NZ..however mack learned the truth and let me back on dxrt but i never saw booty on after that..anywhere

whatever happened to him i am sure hes in a better place

Reactions: BBB
He's busy losing weight, check out his utube page, last posted 2 weeks ago
cool..as i said a rumour cant take anything said on FB as gospel

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: BOOTY2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.