• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Broke the AF knob on my K3 - great service from Elecraft!

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
The other day I noticed that the AF knob was loose on my Elecraft K3. I got out the required alan wrench and proceeded to tighten up the two set screws that hold it in place. Unfortunately, I over tightened them and it cracked the knob badly.

I emailed a parts request to Elecraft and was pleasantly surprised when the followed up letting me know that they would send me two replacement knobs for free! They said that they had changed the design of the knob for this exact problem and the new ones would prevent that.

That's what I call great service!

They said that they had changed the design of the knob for this exact problem and the new ones would prevent that.

i don't have a K3, so, i'm asking,..........

is there more than one knob on a K3?:blink:

The other day I noticed that the AF knob was loose on my Elecraft K3. I got out the required alan wrench and proceeded to tighten up the two set screws that hold it in place. Unfortunately, I over tightened them and it cracked the knob badly.

I emailed a parts request to Elecraft and was pleasantly surprised when the followed up letting me know that they would send me two replacement knobs for free! They said that they had changed the design of the knob for this exact problem and the new ones would prevent that.

Yep that radios junk now wanna sell it? LOL

i don't have a K3, so, i'm asking,..........

is there more than one knob on a K3?:blink:

There are actually two knobs on the rig of the same size/design. The RF Gain/Squelch knob is directly below the AF knob. They're sending a replacement for each knob.

As I recall, Tim, you got your K3 about two months earlier than I did. I know there was a change in the knobs sometime last summer so I wonder if I got the new ones. So far everything is staying tight.

The same thing happened to me and they took good care of me. Sent the knobs in three days and I was back in business.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated