• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

can i make a 30m lattice tower by my self?

FOXRUBEN

Sep 1, 2017
Hello,masters, at present, i want to make a lattice tower,30meter, guyed, because in the market there is all big and fixed to the ground, i have the idea of portable and easy to transport, hand crank erect. is anyone have the experiences or saw this kind of mast before?Thaank youu!

There are plenty of portable crank-up/tilt over towers out there. Just Google it. The price is pretty steep however. May I suggest that if you even have to question if you can build such a tower then you should not even attempt it. This is not something for someone to "see if he can build it" and there are so many things that can go wrong starting with material selection and ending with failed winches and improperly sized trailer to mount and transport it on. On top of all that 100 feet is a major undertaking even for an experienced welder and someone with tower building experience. For true portability something in the order of 50-70 feet, tilt over, freestanding and mounted on a trailer platform with outriggers is the way to go.

trlr326b.jpg

s6banner.png

remorque-pylone-telescopique-leclerc.jpg

Wow nice I am thinking of a 30 foot aluminum free standing tower for my ground plane. But man they are expensive.. the shipping that is..

Reactions: FOXRUBEN
There are plenty of portable crank-up/tilt over towers out there. Just Google it. The price is pretty steep however. May I suggest that if you even have to question if you can build such a tower then you should not even attempt it. This is not something for someone to "see if he can build it" and there are so many things that can go wrong starting with material selection and ending with failed winches and improperly sized trailer to mount and transport it on. On top of all that 100 feet is a major undertaking even for an experienced welder and someone with tower building experience. For true portability something in the order of 50-70 feet, tilt over, freestanding and mounted on a trailer platform with outriggers is the way to go.

trlr326b.jpg

s6banner.png

remorque-pylone-telescopique-leclerc.jpg
thank you very much,master, these are so big one,i want to make a small one, a thin one,

Are you wanting to market this, or just a project for personal use? I only ask because I have thought about building a 60 to 80 foot Tower I could raise from my truck bed. I just haven't thought of any great ideas yet, or found cheap materials.

Are you wanting to market this, or just a project for personal use? I only ask because I have thought about building a 60 to 80 foot Tower I could raise from my truck bed. I just haven't thought of any great ideas yet, or found cheap materials.
at present i need to it used for my own, because the market only has pneumatic pole, it is easy, but cost much,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.