• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can you....

trees

Nov 27, 2014
Hit a TX Star dx500 straight 4 pill, (Toshiba 2879) with a Stryker 655, or 380 Magnum? Can you set the radio carrier to lo watts (less than 5 watt radio carrier) and swing like crazy into this amp? Will it give monster ahhhhhdeeeeoooooo???? Or, is 40 watts of pep the most you can input into this amp? I have an S9 Magnum dual final 2sc1969... Which radio should I use?

Best radio to run would be your Magnum S9. Can you run the other two turned down, sure I guess if you back them down but the peak wattage on those radio's will be higher. If you have the new TS500 with DEI finals I would say no way. The old school Toshiba 2sc2879 final version of a TS500 is a better amp.

If you overdrive that amp it will run hot and you will probably knock out the keying relay sooner then later. You will also burn a spot on the variable pot. And if you start blowing finals here is what they now cost each. https://www.rfparts.com/2sc2879.html

Reactions: trees
Best radio to run would be your Magnum S9. Can you run the other two turned down, sure I guess if you back them down but the peak wattage on those radio's will be higher. If you have the new TS500 with DEI finals I would say no way. The old school Toshiba 2sc2879 final version of a TS500 is a better amp.

If you overdrive that amp it will run hot and you will probably knock out the keying relay sooner then later. You will also burn a spot on the variable pot. And if you start blowing finals here is what they now cost each. https://www.rfparts.com/2sc2879.html

There's no variable on the amp. I guess the problem with the MOSFET radios is that even if you turn the drive way down they just take off as soon as you modulate them?

Looking at the data sheets it looks like 10w pep per pill is max drive. 40 watts pep at 12.5v = 520 watts out. Looks like its the Mag 9. Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated