• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cb help

Once again you contradict yourself about running power and being heard from another thread,

For someone who self proclaims a high IQ and earns more money than most of us and knows all about radios, antennas, etc, I'm impressed!
I was talking about a mobile you ass hat, now stop bringing drama from other threads to this one, stop harassing me and stop holding grudges.

I was talking about a mobile you ass hat, now stop bringing drama from other threads to this one, stop harassing me and stop holding grudges.

The thread is about setting up a low cost base station, NOT mobile.

No grudges, no drama, you are just plain ignorant and justify it with childlike name calling when your wrong.

You just provided another example of it.

The thread is about setting up a low cost base station, NOT mobile.

No grudges, no drama, you are just plain ignorant and justify it with childlike name calling when your wrong.

You just provided another example of it.
You're a bully. You have been throwing little comments out there and playing little mind game with a lot of people for some time. I know your type and I know the game. If I could guess you grew up very privileged and well off. Looking at the equipment you are able to afford and proudly show off, you are well off now too and the thought someone might be up there with you bothers you. Which is why you had to bring that up again. Don't worry I'm not rich like you are. I was just stating that I wasn't poor in that other thread to make a point because of your preconceived notions. You never got rid of your prep school/rich kid mentality did you? I took his comment that he was possibly talking about either getting a better base or a mobile so I addressed both just in case. Your comment was directed towards my comment in the other thread which I was talking about a mobile. I can see right through you buddy.

Reactions: unit_399
You're a bully. You have been throwing little comments out there and playing little mind game with a lot of people for some time. I know your type and I know the game. If I could guess you grew up very privileged and well off. Looking at the equipment you are able to afford and proudly show off, you are well off now too and the thought someone might be up there with you bothers you. Which is why you had to bring that up again. Don't worry I'm not rich like you are. I was just stating that I wasn't poor in that other thread to make a point because of your preconceived notions. You never got rid of your prep school/rich kid mentality did you? I took his comment that he was possibly talking about either getting a better base or a mobile so I addressed both just in case. Your comment was directed towards my comment in the other thread which I was talking about a mobile. I can see right through you buddy.

You see nothing. I can imagine how you and your CB friends conduct yourselves on the airwaves.

You don't like hams that's obvious, all you know or think you know is WATTS more WATTS gotta have more WATTS!

And when challenged with wrong information that you posted about what you claim is your expertise, you throw out derogatory dialogue towards me and you would probably do the same to anyone else as well.

Thanks for looking at my equipment. No I'm not rich, that's years of long hard work to obtain all that.

It is also years of learning to understand, design, and operate all that as a respectful radio operator.

your money would be better spent on a base antenna for the house as that's where you will get your best performance.
Right now I have a cobra 19 dx IV with a cheep $20 car antenna I am a retired trucker but picked up cb as a hobby. I have $250 for either a better antenna for my house and a new cb or a better antenna and A linear amplifier. can anyone help me?

Reactions: Crusher
Right now I have a cobra 19 dx IV with a cheep $20 car antenna I am a retired trucker but picked up cb as a hobby. I have $250 for either a better antenna for my house and a new cb or a better antenna and A linear amplifier. can anyone help me?
I got a solarcon a99 for $79.00 and talk all over the us and Canada .. I live in Arizona .. for $30.00 you can add the ground plane kit.. I have the ground plane kit but don't know if necessary.. I have it 6 feet off the ground .. swr is 1.1 ..xxx

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
xxx again .. I forgot to mention that a tripod that is intended for rv dish applications makes a dandy platform to support the a99 and they can be found for little or nothing .. add weight to the lower areas of the tripod for stability.. also sideband is a lot of bang for the buck ..I am not familiar with your radio ...xxx

I'd get an SSB radio and spend the balance on the best CB base station antenna I could buy. An A99, an IMAX, a Sirio Tornado 27: any of these would be an improvement over what you are currently using.

Good luck and welcome back.

I have an imax 2000 without a ground plane and it works great. Either the a99 or imax would be a good choice. Or.....you could rig up a dipole for hardly any money. A simple dipole works well and they can be adapted many different ways to the users environment. Good coax is extremely important. I use times times microwave lmr240 uf with excellent results.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated