• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB HOOLIGANS

Jun 17, 2012
So CB radio has been around since the 50's I think, requiring a license by FCC. Later the license requirement was dropped, a little later CB became a free for all. So since we have all grown up and became responsible adults that can now laugh at the childish antics that played out on 11m that enraged some, entertained others or just flat out brought personal satisfaction to the rest, what were some of the things everyone did back in what we shall call the good ole days, when gas was .89 a gallon, a happy meal was 2.99 and every radio was Malaysian or Philippine made. Guess it doesn't have to be back then, even if you did something yesterday that might have made some one laugh on the other end. Just so long as it wasn't a "Joy Ride" moment where someone got hurt or killed over a stupid prank. I know this is one subject every member of the forum should be able to comment on. Like I said before, we all grew up and no longer partake in these acts of mischief so shouldn't be awkward to tell stories of when we were young and dumb!!

A few days ago I was talking skip....I said how bout you dx land...anyone got a copy of Michigan Bigfoot....without missing a beat a guy comes back...coming in loud and clear Michigan Bigfoot...you got the Kentucky Sasquatch on this end.....then a another guy comes in laughing....hey we got a Bigfoot and a Sasquatch having a qso...stations from all over commented on that...:D

The other night I comment to a local that redbone Georgia sounded like Sling blade Carl.....and Redbone heard me and started playing along...ha ha :D

Back when I was 17, about 10 years ago, everyone had a cb around here. Generally on weeknights you could hear a couple people but Friday nights, it was like a Wal-Mart parking lot on black Friday. There was this group of kids, probably 4 or 5 of them that I knew, we talked pretty regular during the week. I watched an Arnold Schwartzanegger movie, can't remember what movie but the one where he says, get to da chopper. So I was saying lines from the movie just goofing around with a friend and it hit me, we should do this on the radio. Now the reason it was so funny was the fact that the radio I had was given to me by a Ham friend of mine. It was a cobra 29LTD peaked and tuned piece of crap that he built from 3 radios, I called it "half-breed". Now what made this radio unique was the echo, except he used a busted connex board, it was more of a reverb board. It sounded like echo with the delay turned off and the tone turned just about all the way up. It was hooked to the CH9/19 switch. I liked the way the reverb sounded so it was usually always on and of course talkback. When I talked in my normal voice echo was on, but Arnold just had a plain ole 29. So around 7'ish everyone was getting on the radio and started talking. And the funny thing is back then I could do a pretty mean Arnold impression, so about 15 minute into the rag chew guess who shows up, so I'm bouncing between Arnold and my regular voice and they get pissed and decide find this smartass. And at that moment the game of Finding Arnold was born. They started the procedure of Triangulating the Signal as one guy put it. They covered a 50 mile radius trying to find Arnold that night, heck me and the guy riding with me even joined in the man hunt. This little prank went on for about 4 hours. I think we even had a few people cheering for Arnold. At the end of the night me and my friend were sore from laughing so much. After all that, we all met up at whataburger at 2:00 in the morning. I could hardly eat from laughing, listening to them talk about what they was going to do when they found "Arnold". Needless to say if they would have found out who it was, I would took an ass whoopin'. Even now I can't help but laugh, good times

The closest thing I've ever done like that on CB was when I'd call out an idiot or 2 on the radio, who would then threaten over the radio, to whoop my ass. It's happened to me a few times, I'd tell them where to find me, but they'd never show up.

Yea...I miss the days where radios were made in the sweat shop factories of Malaysia and The Phillipines and not in the government run factories of China.. Oh yea...what high quality that stuff was. :whistle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.