• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB IN MEXICO ?

I've always assumed that in such a corrupt country anything goes regardless of the laws unless your a foreigner who happens to break a rule.

Ya I imagine in a country where cops and judges are getting knocked off left and right a mere cb violation is waaay down the list....

there are many privately run cab companies in Mexico City and really everywhere in central and south america that use the standard channel 1 through 40 CB band.
those radios are plentiful there, so that's what they use.

there is one that uses channel 19 and always seems to have a female at the home base giving out the calls. If you pester her long enough she will answer you in english, although you might not like what she says to you. LOL
LC

Yes almost 100% cab dispatchers. Don't worry if you can hear them, they can hear you, so why not have some fun with Google, Bing or Microsoft translator :whistle:

Is there an official cb band in Mexico ??
Yes,same 40 channels as the US cb band

No cb license required in Mexico

What you hear are freebanders like the rest of the world bellow ch 1 and above ch 40 am,fm and ssb

Is cheaper to run a modified cb radios for the taxi fleet that have the same frequency

Also many of them run business radios with license

My 2 Pesos

Reactions: unit_399

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?