• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB or Export?

I am about to get one here soon as well camaro1. As soon as I saw the build quality, I had to have one lol. Bday is next month, so I will be saving every penny til then!! I will have one though!!

I have been looking. There is an AES not far from me in Orlando. May just go there and get it. Will see. Have a month to decide. I am definitely getting one though. Thanks for all the photos and responses. You guys make my wallet hurt but my heart fill with joy lol. Have a great one

Reactions: 2 people
I have been looking. There is an AES not far from me in Orlando. May just go there and get it. Will see. Have a month to decide. I am definitely getting one though. Thanks for all the photos and responses. You guys make my wallet hurt but my heart fill with joy lol. Have a great one

just remember local will be like 60 bucks tax.

The Gigaparts will do the MARS/CAP mod for you so its a turnkey package. When I ordered from them I got it 3 days later.

I chose that option when I ordered, no way I am gonna try my golden screwdriver skills messing with SMT components on an 889 dollar rig :)

not sure if you have a power supply but I am using a samlex SEC 1235M (Switching power supply) which I also ordered no RF hash so far and no fan noise either.

works great on the IC-7200.

Haven't seen (heard) "any" switching supply be completely hash free yet.

Usually what they do is move the hash somewhere, kind of like sweeping the dirt somewhere else. When I have time I will probably look for it with the scope. There are some switchers that actually have a tuning knob. :)

But so far In the important bands no hash.

Beats carting around one of those astron linear supplies, man those things are freaking heavy like 30 pounds and take up quite a bit of space.

I really like this little samlex the fan does not kick in and it runs quiet. It's a good carry and go unit, takes very little space. For 11 meter it's a good unit. I got it for 130 bucks.

Thanks jdobbs2001! Will definitely look into the giga parts options. So the mars/cap mod opens 11m for tx? If so that is what I am looking for. Thanks for all the info!!

Thanks jdobbs2001! Will definitely look into the giga parts options. So the mars/cap mod opens 11m for tx? If so that is what I am looking for. Thanks for all the info!!

Yes it opens TX from 1.8-30mhz this is for MARS operations use.

Haven't seen (heard) "any" switching supply be completely hash free yet.

The amateur ones are or at least to the point you won't hear/see it with the radio. I've run a couple of them without issue - a small Mydel MP30SWIII 30A and a 40A Manson SPS9400 badged one. The Mydel is pretty much silent in operation.

I expected to see higher temperatures than were shown.

yeah it removes the heat well I was running it indoor 76 temp. I have used it outdoors as well at 89-90 degree temps high humidity outdoors.

You can run this thing all day outdoors as well it does not flinch.

They designed this radio for field day use,high duty cycles, why the radio is so heavy for its size.

Anyhow so far happy with this brick, it just loafs and it has good AM/SSB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated